New Amsterdam cancelled

Maybe, I dunno. Out of something like 35 prime-time Fox shows I watch(ed) Prison Break, New Amsterdam and The Sarah Connor Chronicles. I guess to me it was better than their 32 other shows.

Bummer! I didn’t think I’d like this show: I was expecting Forever Knight redux (only with sunlight), but I decided to give the premier a chance. The annoyance/disbelief factor wound up being surprisingly low, and I found myself looking forward to watching it whenever it showed up on my TiVo.

*Back to You * got cancelled, too?? Meh!

I enjoyed it…for most of the reasons Sam stated. I also liked it that he decided to become a cop because of 9/11. Someone that had lived in NYC for 400 years probably would feel the attack much more personally than others. I liked that aspect of the show. And I liked that they didn’t hit you over the head with it. They worked it in a few times, and just let it ride. Good show, sorry to see it go.

I loved the concept, but there was something lacking in the presentation. THey spent too much time with the love life aspect, in my opinion. It almost had me, but there was just something missing. Can’t quite put my finger on it.

Sigh. I’ve got to stop watching the first season of new shows, and just wait to rent them if and when they make it through a couple of seasons.

One of the things that bugged me was all the unbelievable things. Amsterdam leaves the scene of a crime, confronts the suspect in the subway, and following his heart attack no other cop notices he’s missing and nobody at the subway or hospital can identify him. Did someone steal his wallet, badge, and gun when they weren’t looking? It came off as sloppy writing to me.

Marc

What **Kalhoun ** said. Too much stuff from the 20s and 30s, not enough from the 60s and 70s, not enough from previous centuries, and too much talk about finding that true love without there being one. It kind of reminded me of Andy Farmer’s novel in Funny Farm — in one episode alone, there were three flash-backs, two flash-forwards, and I think there was a flash-sideways.

I didn’t watch this but it looked interesting, so sad to see it cancelled. But didn’t Fox give this show the SuperSlot™? Aka the time slot right after American Idol? If so, they gave it a bigger chance than they usually do with mid-season shows. Why yes, I’m still angry they cancelled Drive after two weeks at a horrible time-slot.

That’s the impression I got as well. The key thing to me was the way they were really pushing it in commercials and promos late last summer, then shortly before it was supposed to start they pulled it. Not exactly confidence building.

I liked the show, but not enough to be terribly upset about its fate. At least all the eps got aired, and while it left things plenty open to be continued, it didn’t end with a huge cliffhanger either. minor spoiler about how it ended So the doctor wasn’t his true love, his life goes on and he keep searching. Pretty much a reset button, back to where he was before the show started. Hardly a “BUT WHAT HAPPENED AFTER THAT!?” moment some shows maddeningly leave us with.

Frankly, I’m more upset that Journeyman and Moonlight won’t be back. And even those aren’t that big a deal to me.