New Baby Coming

It’s not really mundane or pointless, at least not to my family.

But my wife just found out that she is pregnant with our second child.

This child will be due on July 4, 2000.

Consider yourselves informed.

Jeffery

Yea!!! Congrats! And what a great birthday that would be, huh? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Congrats! I just had my second kid four weeks ago. Everybody told me having two would be easier, and I think they were right.

Best of luck to you! And try for July 2, okay? That’s my birthday. :slight_smile:

Congrats, Jeff! Children are a blessing.

SoxFan59
“Its fiction, but all the facts are true!”

Congratulations!!

What a cool birthday…however, July 1 would be better.

“ChrisCTP-…the sweetheart of the SDMB…” --Diane
Chris’ Homepage: Domestic Bliss

Congratulations! Best wishes for you and your family.

I have to agree with Cristi, July 2nd would be an excellent day to have a baby. That’s my son’s birthday, and he has been nothing but a joy (with a few minor exceptions). :slight_smile:

Babies are such fun! Congratulations to your family!

-Melin

Congratulations.

May I suggest that “Jacques” is a very nice name?

J’ai assez vécu pour voir que différence engendre haine.
Stendhal

Congratulations!!! i see a girl named Sue in your future

We are, each of us angels with only one wing;
and we can only fly by
embracing one another

Thanks to all.

My wife’s birthday is July 5th. I do not believe however, that she wants to go one day beyond the due date.

I would like a boy for one of each, but I will be happy no matter.

Jeffery

Congrats!

My wife’s due in 2000 also, late March.

I keep telling her that it’ll be 4/1/2000, an April Fools’ baby.

She says there’s only room for one fool in our family.

I remind her that she hasn’t met all of my family yet. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Congratulations!! My brother’s birthday is July 4th, and he always had the best birthday parties when we were kids.

Shadowfox
“Most people would succeed in small things, if they were not troubled with
great ambitions.”

• Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807-1882)

Congratulations on your upcoming little firecracker! Joy and blessings for the four of you.

Congrats and best of everything for an easy pregnancy and safe delivery. How about the name George M. Cohan if it’s a he and born on the forth of July. He wrote Yankee Doodle Dandy…amongst other patriotic tunes. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I went to see the musical George M. a number of years ago. I was thinking of Mark or Jerry for a boy.

In case anyone is wondering about the significance of those names.

My last name is McGuire.

Jeffery

My son was due on July 2 this year and everyone always said that it would be cool if he came on the 4th. I thought it was cruel of them to wish me an extra two days :). In fact, he kept me on hold for almost a week after his due date and even then I had to have labor induced–he was born just before midnight on the 8th. July was a very popular birth month this year. On the day before we went to the hospital they delivered 27 babies in 24 hours.

Like Cher3, I was due on July 2. Mercifully, I delivered on June 27. As much fun as I would’ve had with a 4th of July baby, I’m glad Chris’s birth came sooner than later. :slight_smile:

Congrats Jeffery! Sounds like you’re a great dad. Give your wife and child a hug for me.

PR

If you’re not part of the solution you’re just scumming up the bottom of the beaker.

Well, our first child, our daughter, came 1 week early.

Actually my wife had a scheduled C-section one week early. My daughter weighed 11 lbs and 15 oz. Yes, almost 12 lbs.

My wife was a gestational diabetic and my daughter had a lot of fluid retention.

Anyway, I am sure my wife does not even want to make it to her due date, for fear that this one might hit 15 lbs or something.

Again, thanks for all the good wishes.

We are trying to get my daughter (almost 3) used to the idea of us having a baby. We are telling her that the baby is growing inside mommy’s tummy. We talked to mommy’s tummy this morning. We had her introduce herself to the baby.

I talked to my daughter from the time we found out my wife was pregnant up till the time she was born.

Jeffery

Congrats on numero dos. I wonder if there’s a Golden Books version of The Straight Dope?

" <— My own personal quote. I call him Doug.

That’s wonderful news. Congratulations.

Ranger Jeff
*The Idol of American Youth *
Riders In The Sky