New Basketball League: You Aren't Going to Believe This

Presented without comment.

Link.

OK, one comment

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Good luck with that you racist jackhole!

He’s going to get a ton of free publicity from the outraged, I’ll tell you that much.

Wow - Isiah Thomas managed to ruin *another *entire basketball league, and without playing a single game!

I hope they let him run the finances of this league, too!

I can see it now. An entire league made up of black players who were adopted as children by white parents.

I preferred The Onion’s old website.

It’s going to be tough for them to play in those white robes, and I don’t think the eyeholes in their masks are going to be big enough to see.

This league already exists down at the Y, doesn’t it?

How can you tell the difference between the ball and the skin-heads?

I don’t know if this works if you don’t have a Twitter account but there are some great one-liners in here. Twitter Link

My personal favourite: Phrase “coast to coast” replaced by “manifest destiny.”

Given the progress in non-Caucasian players in pro sports, I think there ain’t enough :smack: :smack: :smack: emoticons in the world for this idea.

Are Jews allowed to play?

Looks like the more things change the more they stay the same.

I agree with the thread title.

I don’t know. Maybe it’s time to face the fact that black people just aren’t cut out for basketball.

He’d have better success if he said they were using the very first set of Naismith rules, and insist on period clothing during games.

Yep no dunking, no fancy behind your back dribbles are allowed!

This guy seems to think it’s an elaborate publicity hoax: http://www.rantrave.com/Rant/All-White-Basketball-League-Hoax.aspx

I agree, it has to be a hoax – or more accurately, a troll. It’s a press rease sent by one guy about a “league” that doesn’t actually have any teams, players or coaches.

It would be next to impossible to find cities willing to host these teams anyway, much less find players and coaches willing to work for an overtly racist league.

And the one guy used to be a promoter for the International Wrestling Union.