New Basketball League: You Aren't Going to Believe This

:smiley:

And grooming, especially armpit grooming, is strictly forbidden!

Exception will be granted for Chuck Taylors. But only black ones. And the patch has to be white.

Whatchoo talkin’ 'bout, Willis?

The picket fence must be run at least once every game.

Uniform shorts must come barely below the crotch.

All arenas will have copies of the 1986 Boston Celtics championship banner.

2010 Champions? The Indiana Pacers.

Every team must have a Notre Dame graduate in its starting five.

Of course, people on the SDMB are quick to decry the idea that smart, fundamental, defense-oriented, old-school basketball is “white,” and to call such thinking racist.

Problem is, a LOT of black fans and players think the same way!

Given that NOBODY played a “whiter” style of basketball than Bill Russell, it’s hard to understand this kind of thinking.

Any tattoos must be black, in moderately sized Times New Roman or Arial font, and shall refer to a Bible verse or the name of a dead loved one.

And they must be on the arms, legs, or back. Tattoos on the neck are right out.

Astorian we didn’t say that, the guy who wants to start the league did.

This had this idiot on 790 the zone here in Atlanta today. from what i was able to determine this guy is whistling in the dark… Theirs no league to speak of but Moose was able to get plenty of pub from this…
Here’s my query… Would Grayson Boucher AKA the Professor be allowed to play?? He is white… american born… but since he played in And1 would that disqualfiy him??

Grayson Boucher is allowed but can only be shown dribbling from the waist up.

Every team must have a player who walked on in college.

The Christian Laettner Hall of Fame will be located in Livonia, MI. (Whitest city in US per 2000 census.)

Players on IR must wear Dockers and a sweater vest on the sidelines.

Pardon me for asking this, but it’s been long enough. Has there been any evidence whatsoever that this league is going to, y’know, happen? Rules, teams, players, rosters, ownership, brass, officials, spokespeople, equipment, uniforms, logos, arenas, schedules, broadcasting, funding, marketing, merchandise, etc., etc., all the things that ACTUAL EXISTENT SPORTS LEAGUES have. Mock the XFL all you want, but it got off the ground, it got on TV, it made headlines, and it had one full season culminating in a championship. That’s a hell of a lot more than I’m seeing here.

If this goes beyond the “useless prick’s childish trolling” phase, I’ll gladly join the discussion. Until then, my only opinion is: Whatever, moron.

I think WonderBread is the title sponsor.

Give your username, this post is doubly hilarious.

Wouldn’t the Blue Devils be a charter member of this league anyway?

You’d basically have to make it illegal to score from inside the lane, because Shawn Bradley’s out of basketball so there aren’t going to be any centers.