New Disease of the Day: Ankylosing Spondylitis

I would just like to bitch about all the lames around me who claim every headache they get is a “migraine”. Talk about a way too over-self-diagnosed condition.

Anyone who says that should immediately be stricken by a real migraine. I’ve had headaches. I’ve had migraines. They ain’t the same thing. (Hell, sometimes the headache isn’t even the worst part of it!)

My apologies if my arguments seem a bit all over the place I’m still a bit sedated from the procedure I just had. All I’m saying is I’ve not heard of anyone walking around pretending to be one of those coolkids with spondyloarthropathies.

And because you’ve never personally encountered them, clearly, they must not exist.

Is your job here to just troll people? Go fuck yourself.

The vomiting has my vote. I really hate upchucking. Though the boost in sensitivity to my skin can be a torment, I hate it when the sheets feel like sandpaper.

Curing Ankylosing Spondylitis, obviously.

Get on it!

I do not use words incorrectly. I have been accused of much here, often accurately, but I do NOT use words incorrectly. Um, usually.

Agreed, and if you re-read the OP with an open mind and one not closed by your reaction to its title you will see that I am in full agreement with you and only object to ad campaigns that associate vague and extremely common symptoms to uncommon diseases in order to drum up extra business from hypochondriacs.

AND IF SHE HAD TREATED HER SYMPTOMS APPROPRIATELY TWO YEARS AGO, FOR A CONDITION SHE WAS DIAGNOSED WITH SIX YEARS AGO, HER TYPE 2 DIABETES WOULD NOT HAVE GRADUATED AND TRIED TO KILL HER ONE YEAR AGO. Harumph! :frowning:

No, it’s mostly my job to do this:

[Moderating]
|ies, telling other posters to fuck themselves is a violation of the Pit’s rules on acceptable language, which are outlined here. Please avoid doing this in the future.

No warning issued.
[/Moderating]

If he does that he might come down with a real case of Ankylosing Spondylitis.

I haven’t read any details. Is the anus involved?

As the object of the epithet “go fuck yourself” is a male, the anus, as well as the penis, would certainly be involved, thereby causing at least a minimum amount of discomfort in the lower spinal column should the subject attempt execute this peculiar activity. But, not to worry, because there’s a pill for that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Not sure it would be painful – it might be perceived as more of a massage.

You’ve got to watch those hypochondriacs with spina bifida…

I agree with you. I have chronic migraine. Have had it since the early 2000s, when it wasn’t really a diagnosis. I had to hire an attorney to get my employer to recognize that 20 migraines (plus nausea, vomiting, and intolerance to any noise) in a month made it impossible for me to work…

But once Botox became approved for chronic migraine, suddenly everyone and their brother had heard of it.

I’m glad there’s a treatment, but jesus, I had to suffer with no treatment and no one believing me!

And get off my lawn!