New Joker picture revealed

It’s what I picture Banksy looking like in real life…an anarchist designed by committee for an inoffensive insert into the Wednesday newspaper entertainment supplement.

Sounds less like a hoax and more like backpedaling after fans said they hate it. “Just kidding! Of course that’s not the finished product!”

While I’m seeing plenty of scary pictures on that page, they’re all of allegedly “hot” celebrities. No Joker.

That link takes me to a picture of Robert De Niro, who does now slightly resemble the Joker.

I’m looking more at the set photos. There are no tattoos on him on set while filming. Unless it’s for a flashback.

Well, that’s definitely a possibility. However, it’s also quite possible this is just a test shot. I’d lay down good money they tried at least a dozen looks for their Joker, probably taking inspiration from a variety of concepts deriving from everything you can imagine, be it classic comics, some fanboy’s deviant art page, or a half-remembered nightmare of a producer. This could be one of those concepts, just dressed up to see how it looks on the actual performer.

Here ya go.

http://magazine.foxnews.com/sites/magazine.foxnews.com/files/JaredLetoJoker2.jpg

I’m now picturing him with a tattoo of that sentence right there.

Oh my gosh and Golly Gee!

We have a winner!

Congrats to you!

Meh. He looks like a less-intimidating Marilyn Manson with low-rent taste. I’d expect a character who looked like that to be a thug rather than a super villain.

I know what it is. See, the Joker got really hammered after his latest caper went awry, and when he was passed out on the couch his minions went to work on him with Sharpies. When he woke up and staggered to the loo to take a piss they managed to catch this reaction shot through the one-way mirror.

That’s not the Joker, that’s some twat at a Con cosplaying an “edgy” Joker.

The responses remind me of this mashup: DCAU Joker’s Reaction to Young Justice Joker

Have you seen Dallas Buyer’s Club? Because Leto has a fuckload of talent. His band isn’t too bad either, though not my tastes.

There’s only one Joker, and that’s Mark Hamill, here delivering a master-class on voice acting. Shit, even his face changes.

I found this tweet really funny.
https://twitter.com/Andrew_Reiner/status/591805979026661376

Strangely, both episodes those clips came from were extremely enjoyable, and featured great takes on the Joker.

The *Young Justice *Joker was especially amusing, because after witnessing all his teammates break out their awesome superpowers, he… pulls out a couple knives. (And is sufficiently dangerous with them that Robin, who we saw dodge everything anybody can throw at him, is immediately on the defensive.)

Or a poser.

Yeah, this falls into the category of “trying too hard.” And Leto is undeniably talented, but he’s always presented himself as a little “too cool for school” so that’s not necessarily an encouraging sign, but it’s not a deal-breaker either. We’ll see…

Dude, check out my sweet Deviant Art page.

This seems closer to the truth. My daughter and her friends hate it, and they’re all Millennials. Not a one likes the look, they think it’s “too hipster, too common”, or as one put it,“trying way too hard to make the Joker cool to today’s kids”.