New medical study shows "Duct Tape More Effective than Cryotherapy for Warts"

I ran across this and thought it might be of interest

Duct Tape More Effective than Cryotherapy for Warts

Intro

Just about anything will successfully treat a condition that goes away on its own.

I bet that study was funded by 3M! :stuck_out_tongue:

Duct tape - great for everything but ducts!

Gee, I’ll have to show this study to the derms I work for that treat warts all day long. And the woman with the compromised immune system that has been coming in once a week for the past five years to treat the warts on her fingers. I’m sure they will all be eternally grateful to me for providing this valuable information to them. I might even get a promotion! :dubious:

Am I the only one who, up until a few years ago, thought it was “Duck” tape?

You were right.

Duck Tape, not just for taping your duck.

And this never ceases to amaze me.

Had a wart on my knee for years when I was a kid. I got rid of it by crushing an aspirin and band aiding it to the wart. In a week or 2 it was gone never to return.

We do sometimes use salicylic acid in a Eucerin cream preparation to treat warts, so I can see how that would work.

I personally prefer to use nitric acid and phenol, 'cause when you apply one to the other, the area turns black, hisses and smokes, and it’s really neat to see. A couple months ago, one of my coworkers was pouring both of those acids out, as they were expired, and one of the bottles was mislabled, or something, and KABOOM! I wasn’t there that day, but kind of wish I had been. She wasn’t hurt, but the floor and the area around the sink will never be the same.

It is a very effective form of birth control.

What?

Take off and nuke the wart from orbit; it’s the only way to be sure.