New Show - Trial and Error

I’m thinking the no-alibi for the daughter thing is a mis-direct. Well, it’s been 11 eps of mis-directs and red herrings…

I do like it. I hope it has a satisfactory resolution. That matters more to me than whodunnit. The HOW and WHY matter more than WHO.

At this point I’m just guessing the whole thing was an elaborate accident and there was no murder.

I didn’t pick that up. What character did she play on Heroes?

She was Charlie, a waitress with the power of perfect recollection that had a tumor (or maybe a blood clot?) in her brain and was dying. Hiro’s girlfriend for a little while, or he had a crush on her. It’s been a while but I do remember her being awfully cute.

She was only in 7 episodes and was one of Sylar’s first victims. She also played the romantic antagonist to the title character in UGLY BETTY.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I read an article that said Trial & Error is loosely based off of (or is a farce of) a real case. The trial of a Michael Peterson in Raleigh NC in 2001.

A French film crew made a documentary about it and it was shown on Sundance. Called The Staircase. If you look up reviews of this documentary series, people absolutely love it and the trial is off the hook.

If you have a device like Roku you can get the Sundance Now app and watch the documentary on a free trial. Or you can pay $13 to get the whole thing from Amazon, iTunes, etc. I got it on Roku and am going to try to watch it this week.

Called it :). I hope we get a second season.

Yes, now I remember, wow, I completely missed it.

Does anyone else think…

…that Larry might have actually killed whoever ended up in suitcases down by the river? I mean he did mention that ironically he learned to kill a person while in prison, and there was the look he gave the camera on his way out.

I really hope we get a 2nd season too.

Holy crap I started this today based on your rec and it is AMAZING. If you liked Making a Murderer, you’ll like this.

I’m not quite finished with it yet so I don’t want to quite share my feelings entirely, but I’ll say at this point where I’m watching… I believe the physical evidence shows him to be not guilty, but the coincidental non-physical evidence is… it strains reasonable doubt. He’s the unluckiest person alive or one cold mofo.

Criminal did a great podcast on the Michael Peterson case, it was actually episode 1. When I started watching this show, some of it sounded so familiar…

Anyone watching S2? I’m really enjoying it. They’re burning through 2 episodes a night on Thursdays and E4 had a solid John Lithgow joke, just the type of humor I’ve come to expect from this show.

For whatever reason, my TiVo only recorded episodes 3 and 4. I didn’t know the show had returned earlier in July! I keep meaning to go to the NBC app and see if I can watch episodes 1 and 2. Maybe I’ll do that today. And I’ll have to make sure my TiVo’s “to do” list includes episodes 5 and 6, set to air this week. :slight_smile:

Yes, we are really enjoying season 2, the jokes and one liners are just as fun as the first season and once again, the cast is great.

You know, the same thing happened to me and to another person I know who lives across the country.

Fortunately, Episodes 1 and 2 are available on the NBC web site for free (no login required). They usually only keep free episodes available for a limited time, so you might want to watch soon.

As long as you are there, one of the characters is a reporter for an NPR-style podcast called M-Towne. There are actual episodes of M-Towne available on the web site, one for each episode of the show. They are actually videos, not podcasts and do contain some visual humor. They are kind of deadpan satire and worth watching.

Well, yes…that’s why I wrote “I keep meaning to go to the NBC app and see if I can watch episodes 1 and 2. Maybe I’ll do that today.” Which I did. :slight_smile: I don’t like to watch TV on a computer, but my Apple TV has the NBC app. (I noticed the M-Towne episodes, but wasn’t interested. Maybe another time.)

TiVo thinks there will be some kind of football pre-show on NBC this Thursday at 9pm so it’s not planning to record Trial & Error again until next week, but I set up a manual recording for this week just in case. I can always catch up via the NBC app if needed (though the un-skippable 2-minute commercial breaks got kind of old).