NEW Stupid Republican Idea of the Day (Part 1)

40 million divided by 1,886 employees comes to $21,000 each. So these aren’t just annual cost of living increases.

I’d guess it’s just the top few who are seeing the bulk of it , with a small ‘bonus’ trickling down to the larger group of employees .

Lt. Gov. of Texas wants a bill passed by the state legislature requiring the playing of the National Anthem before all government funded events.
As one legal analyst commented, “So, like, if I give a book talk at the University of Texas, they gotta play the Star Spangled Banner? Professor teaches an intro to psychology class? Star Spangled Banner first. Frat party in a state-owned dorm? Star Spangled Banner.”

Longtime Republican strategist and Lincoln Project co-founder John Weaver, who is married to a woman, was using his position with the org to offer jobs to young men he wanted to have sex with.

If Texas is giving out public-funded Covid shots, every shot will have to be accompanied by a performance of the national anthem now?

With just a little more imagination, he could have proposed the law to require each performance be done with a live band and singer. (Trumpist Republicans only need apply, of course.)

I was thinking they should have a contest to find the absolutely worst version to be played. Like that time Roseanne Barr sang it at a baseball game? But sped up to Alvin & The Chipmunks speed.

Don’t claim you didn’t ask for it.

Reported for decency violations and ignoring the ‘don’t be a jerk’ rule.

/s

That’s not even the worst version I’ve heard this week*. It at least has the benefit of being short.

*Did you watch the Superbowl? I was ready to gouge my ears out halfway through that version.

I always watch The Puppy Bowl. Is this Superbowl some sort of counter-programming?
:flees:

Yeah, it’s like Puppy Bowl, but with Owls.

Ah - the Superb Owl?

It’s about time he got the recognition he deserves.

Shouldn’t that be fleas?

I wish I’d put some money on Team Ruff and the over. Maybe next year.

You can’t tell Onion news from Real News these days.

The Real News is weirder.

So the sane universe is the one portrayed by satire.

The real news about Ted Cruz today involves breastmilk…

Something to do with St. Agatha?