NEW Stupid Republican Idea of the Day (Part 1)

Huh, that’s actually the only reason I go on there. I know a whole lot of dogs, and have helped to reunite quite a number with their owners.

Hey, he already threw his father and his wife under the bus, so I guess he had nobody left but the kids when he needed a new excuse:

Statement from Sen. Ted Cruz:

This has been an infuriating week for Texans. The greatest state in the greatest country in the world has been without power. We have food lines, gas lines, and people sleeping at the neighbors’ houses. Our homes are freezing and our lights are out. Like millions of Texans, our family lost heat and power too.

With school cancelled for the week, our girls asked to take a trip with friends. Wanting to be a good dad, I flew down with them last night and am flying back this afternoon. My staff and I are in constant communication with state and local leaders to get to the bottom of what happened in Texas. We want our power back, our water on, and our homes warm. My team and I will continue using all our resources to keep Texans informed and safe.

(emphasis added)

A good dad wouldn’t let his kids run off to a foreign country during a global pandemic…

Discourse doesn’t like All Caps.

Every time I see Rick Perry’s name I think Sideshow Rick Perry.

It doesn’t matter that its a complete fabrication, it sounds plausible enough and doesn’t threaten their beliefs of Buisness= good, regulstions and environmentalism = bad. So its more true to them than any explanation that is supported by mere facts. They may be slowly freezing to death but at least they can bask in the comforting knowledge that they were right all along.

What was that thing those oil-rich states used to say to the east coast states? Something about how we could freeze in the dark as far as they were concerned?
How’s that working out for you guys in Texas now?

But folks on the east coast are completely supportive of helping them. We may point out the petard they’ve hoisted themselves with is their own, but we are also happy to help get them down. The reverse isn’t true.

Someone should send this picture to Trump, it might revitalize Rick Santorum’s political career

EYE BLEACH EYE BLEACH!!

Please don’t lump us all together.

My (possibly flawed) understanding is that in order to avoid oppressive Federal regulation, the Texas power grid is isolated and can’t “import” power from other grids. So they’ll have to pull themselves up by their cowboy bootstraps (sorry, @ThelmaLou ).

That is true. Sad but true.

I had nothing to do with it, Coach. I was in the locker room when the fracas broke out.

Accurate representation of GOP views—but will cause quite a few vehicle crashes as people try to get close enough to read it.

\

That’s not the way Republicans define “leadership.” For them “leadership” is bamboozling the rubes while making millions (at least)

\

You have no future in Republican politics.

(Sorry! …my emphasis in quote)

Cruz lied about his daughters asking for the Cancun trip, as Heidi revealed to a private chat group made up of her friends (the friends narked to the New York Times), she wanted to go because it was freezing in their house.
They also left their dog behind in the freezing house with no electricity. There was a security guard to take care of the dog, ,and the power came on after they left, but how were they to know that was going to happen?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ted-cruz-abandons-millions-of-freezing-texans-and-his-poodle-snowflake/ar-BB1dOtlS

I think they already did that last year?

And then Jan. 6, 2021 happened.

Oh, Arizona… Texas… but still Republicans.

You know that only a horrible person would marry Ted Cruz…so, not surprised.

Other states can air-drop shipments of firewood.

Or thoughts and prayers.

Yep, that’s the same one. Of course, you don’t hear anyone complain about that (other than freaking out about nuclear power, which I can sort of understand if you’re talking about Browns Ferry and the candle incident).

What a despicable human being - blaming his daughters for his political gaffe.

What a despicable human being - you do know, Ted, that pretty much all of the “wild” has been bred out of domestic dogs, and that they really can’t exist sub-freezing temperatures for long periods.

What’s unfortunate is that I’m willing to bet that all will be forgotten by the time of the next Senatorial election.