NEW Stupid Republican Idea of the Day (Part 1)

Yeah, when it turns out it was his wife’s fault all along…

Could you tell that to my dog? She doesn’t want to come in when it’s sub-zero, prefering to lay out in the snow until I’m worried the neighbors are going to call the Dog Warden.

I dunno … can’t you just see the commercials?

While you were surviving the worst winter storms in history … (footage of ice in people’s houses, buried cars, blacked-out cities) … Ted decided to jet off to Cancun (footage of sun-drenched beaches). Tell Ted it’s time to take a permanent Cruz!

Georgia Republicans have decided to double down on voter suppression. Again.

Darn that pesky democracy, always getting in the way of the Republican agenda.

“Democracy” is for Democrats. We don’t need that shit.

I think the part about the Georgia efforts that pissed me off the most was abolishing “line warmers,” folks who offer refreshments to those standing in long lines (lines created by closing voting places in high population areas). Are those folks allowed to hold a place in line while a voter runs to the bathroom?

This is also where Turtle’s stacked courts will come into play as the Roberts gang are pretty inhospitable to preventing states from concocting unfair voting rules.

And just when we were hoping that Bannon had died under that rock where he lives…

Meanwhile, the pro-Trump side keeps mobilizing. Efforts to censure those anti-Trump apostate Republicans are gaining steam. Former White House adviser Reince Priebus is mulling a run for Wisconsin governor on the chief selling point that he’d have Trump’s support.

Into this mayhem has stepped Stephen K. Bannon, who is as attracted to Trump-fueled chaos as insects are to rotting corpses. Trump’s former adviser is now elevating his profile as spokesman for the pro-Trump wing in a way that usefully illuminates the ugly depths of the GOP’s ongoing radicalization.

As Bannon told Politico: “Any candidate who wants to win in Pennsylvania in 2022 must be full Trump MAGA.”

If you are not “full Trump MAGA,” you will be denied the support of Trump loyalists. What does “full Trump MAGA” mean, exactly? Well, it means absolute devotion to the mythology that Trump should not have been held accountable for his effort to incite the violent disruption of the election that was stolen from him.

Bannon’s second threat is even more comically absurd. He recently told a Boston audience that he hopes to see Trump run for Congress in 2022, then run for speaker of the House (which Bannon presumes Republicans will win), then preside over the impeachment of President Biden:

“We totally get rid of Nancy Pelosi, and the first act of President Trump as speaker will be to impeach Joe Biden for his illegitimate activities of stealing the presidency,” Bannon said, leading to applause and hollers from the Boston Republicans.

This is rank crackpottery, but here again, the singular organizing and motivating principle is the idea that Trump’s loss to Biden couldn’t possibly have been legitimate, or that there’s simply zero obligation on the part of the Trump movement to recognize it as such, and that loyalty to Trump requires unwavering fealty to that idea.

And the more that right-wing crackpots keep assuring the MAGA faithful that all this bullshit is a realistic appraisal of the situation, the more the MAGA faithful are going to be shocked and angered when they come up against reality. And consequently, the more willing they’re going to be to commit acts of violence and other crimes to “defend” their delusional version of reality.

She’s a Goldman Sachs managing director, ergo …

Madison Cawthorn finds it illegal that the Vatican would requite everybody in the country to get a covid vaccination. Apparently he doesn’t realize that foreign countries have their own laws.

I like how he’s racist right from the get-go:

(bolding mine)

Is that considered a racist term? My understanding wasn’t that you’d be abducted by Chinese, but rather that you’d be abducted by Americans and end up on a boat heading towards China (or some other out of the way place).

Ron DeSantis is going to lower the flags in Florida in honor of Rush Limbaugh.

Funny, that. It looks like ShitGibbon would have to run in FL-21, which is currently represented by Lois Frankel (since 2013) and is listed on Ballotpedia as D+9. Though, by November 2022, I can imagine that the locals might prefer to see ShitGibbon go away for most of the year and thus, to that end, might elect him.

Wow… they are really grasping at things to harp on

Newsmax host Greg Kelly and a guest on his show on Friday went after the appearance of President Joe Biden’s dog, Champ, prompting a wave of criticism and ridicule on Twitter.

Kelly said that Champ, a German Shepherd, looks like he’s “from the junkyard.”

“Did you see the dog? I wanted to show you something I noticed. Doesn’t he look a little rough? I love dogs, but this dog needs a bath and a comb and all kinds of love and care. I’ve never seen a dog in the White House like this. I remember Buddy, I remember Milly, I remember lots of dogs, but not a dog who seems … I don’t know. I don’t know how much love and care he is getting. This dog looks like, I’m sorry, like it’s from the junkyard,” Kelly said.

Kelly then turned to his guests, including presidential historian and Reagan biographer Craig Shirley, asking for their thoughts on Biden’s canine.

Shirley said Champ looks “dirty and disheveled” and “unlike a presidential dog.”

My bold.

You mean like Snowflake?

Okay, I realize QAnon is to the right of even a lot of Republicans, but this is too weird not to share.

https://god.dailydot.com/snow-in-texas-is-fake-conspiracy/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

Much of the country has been hit with extreme winter weather this week, with the most dramatic example coming in Texas. Snow, ice, and freezing temperatures brought the state’s power grid on the precipice of collapse, and some Texans are still without power, water, or both.

Yet there are QAnon believers who are sharing conspiracy theories that the snow is not actually real snow.

Sara Aniano went to the depths of QAnon Instagram to report on this. She noted, "Somewhere at the cross-section of QAnon/garden variety conspiracy theorists is this obsession with the snow in Texas - particularly the theory that it is not organic in origin, but man-made."

Sharing a screenshot of video showing a demo that may or may not be real, she added, "The chief concern here is that the snow apparently “doesn’t melt,” …

My bold.

The “Fake snow” thing has been around since at least 2014. Qanon is simply evolving the same way every CT evolves, by absorbing “new” bits to try to stay relevant.

The obviously don’t know dogs, those are some beautiful pups.

But, they had nothing but praise for Trump’s dog.

But is he housebroken?

Probably not, and he definitely looks like he could use a bath and some grooming.

I think I’d probably charge extra to do his nails.