NEW Stupid Republican Idea of the Day (Part 1)

To be fair, after the last four years, the idea of a politician expressing love for his family must be completely alien to them.

Just the last four years?

Hey - come on - Ted Cruz was cowed into shuttling his daughters off to somehwere a bit safer from all that nasty weather shit a ways back.

The buses weren’t running in Texas.

If there was anything to this at all, Trump would have blabbed about it, probably to the Russians.
Of course he might have been worried about them taking him back.

I was using “shuttle” very loosely, like getting whisked away in a quick plane jaunt.
Heh, unless, of course, I’m totally whooshed and missing some reference to do with, say, buses and Texas.

GOP primaries are going to become like zombie apocolypses.

Remember, he blamed his daughters for wanting the trip. Buses, as in “thrown under”.

@Smapti is on to something here. Those UFO’s have brought the aliens among us and deposited them directly into the White House.

“Our party is a blue collar party”, says Ivy League grad Ted “The Zodiac Killer” Cruz hours after attending a billionaire horse party.

And voting against a minimum wage increase.

Oregon legislator charged with criminal misconduct for letting anti-shutdown protesters into the state Capitol while the legislature was in session.

See? Both sides do it! This, just few days after that transgender child’s father was arrested in Arkansas for speaking 30 seconds over his allotted time!

Huh? The Obamas were publicly and seriously into each other.

I meant Republicans expressing love for family being an alien emotion goes way back beyond four years ago.

Oh. Okay.

In other news…

More cutting off your nose to spite your face.

From The New York Times:
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/01/us/politics/mcconnell-brent-spence-bridge-infrastructure.html?smid=em-share

President Biden’s infrastructure plan could fund a long-overdue revamp of the Brent Spence Bridge between Ohio and Kentucky. But the Senate Republican leader opposes it.

Mr. McConnell’s calculation reflects a reality that has thwarted previous presidents’ attempts to steer ambitious infrastructure plans through Congress and threatens to complicate the path for Mr. Biden’s. The parochial horse-trading that once powered such major legislative compromises, prodding members of both parties to put ideology aside and strike deals of mutual interest, is mostly a thing of the past.

“He would love to invest in Kentucky, not just because of his legacy but because he believes in it,” Mr. Grayson continued. “On the other side, he’s the Republican leader of a caucus that doesn’t want to cooperate with Biden, doesn’t want to spend money, doesn’t want to raise corporate taxes and is more willing to vote ‘no’ than figure out how to make this thing work.”

It is a position shared with nearly every Republican in Congress, as they weigh the imperatives of national politics against the needs of their home states and districts. Many of them have already concluded that no road or bridge is vital enough to embrace what they call a disastrous package that spends and taxes too much.

Of course, when Donnie ran up the deficit, it was fine.

A Kansas state legislator, who was working as a substitute teacher at a public school, was recorded by students ranting about religion, and gays, and took out most of his ire on one student, whom he kneed in the crotch. He was arrested for assault.

Ha! :man_facepalming: Yeah, I was a little fast on the downtake.

Go Adam! A couple years ago I would’ve offerred my sympathies for his gallantry, but with that state getting bluer, why the h-e-double-hockey sticks not.

To be fair, both sets of Bushes seemed to be into each other (but just generally reserved people) and the Reagans were infamously so.

Blue collar, OTOH - when’s the last time they had a presidential candidate that wasn’t born with a whole silver place setting in his mouth? The past 3 D presidents definitely started out in the lower end of the economic scale.

It’ll be interesting to see what they come up with when the minutia inevitably has to be discussed.

Did they mean that the state of Florida is claiming the power to forbid the social media giants from banning anybody from anywhere? How about some nut in Turkey advocating firebombing Greek restaurants because of Cyprus.

Do they mean banning only those users residing in the state of Florida? That would leave out of state liberals free to lambast them, something I’m sure they wouldn’t like.

Maybe it’s both: Forbidding the banning of users from anywhere who criticize or wish death upon businesses or individuals (specifically elected officials) in Florida.

I am waiting with bated breath.

Exactly. And if they find a watermark - fraud!