NEW Stupid Republican Idea of the Day (Part 1)

Neither one. They’re both wearing footie pajamas (referred to discreetly in the Halls of Congress as onesies) in bold, masculine prints evocative of wealth and power.

Or rompers in sexy patterns like these:

Don’t tempt me.

Kansas Republican state representative arrested for assaulting a student:

Kansas state Rep. Mark Samsel was arrested on charges of alleged misdemeanor battery on Thursday after getting into a physical altercation with a student while substitute teaching in Wellsville.

On Wednesday, Samsel, R-Wellsville, was substitute teaching at the Wellsville school district’s secondary school. Throughout the day, high school students began recording videos of the lawmaker talking about suicide, sex, masturbation, God and the Bible.

Yeah, it’s been mentioned. There’s even its own thread

I don’t know if this goes in the You Can’t Make This Shit Up Department or the I Didn’t Do It Even Though You Saw Me Do It Department.

State senator attends Zoom meeting while driving his car

Newsroom

State Sen. Andrew Brenner (R-OH) logged into a public Zoom meeting, part of which was to consider distracted driving legislation, while clearly seated in his vehicle’s driver’s seat. Brenner insisted he was not driving distracted and told The Columbus Dispatch this was not his first Zoom call from behind the wheel.

Source: CNN

My bold.

It’s like Republicans have moved beyond figuring that it’s OK to be a hypocrite, and now are of the opinion that it is required.

A George W Bush appointed judge has fined Devin Nunes’ lawyer $21,000 to be paid to CNN’s lawyers for repeatedly filing frivolous lawsuits.

Republican Congressman Buddy Carter has filed a formal complaint against Democratic Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren for daring to put out a report quoting Republicans’ social media posts on the “stolen election”.

Holy Cow !

[YSWIDT ?]

Nunes lawyers boviated too much.

Makes you wonder if they ever even had a legitimate beef.

I’m glad they decided to chuck the whole thing.

Or, at least, I lean that way.

Nunes should just be left to stew in his own au jus.

Meanwhile, back at the fictitious ranch…"

Let’s not mince words. I’d steak my life that Nunes’ lawyer bones him to the tenderloin for those costs. I find it, as the French would say, tellement mignon!

If I can pull people away from the bovine puns for a moment, this looks important:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/06/opinions/gop-zoe-lofgren-complaint-social-media-ghitis/index.html

(Sorry – didn’t notice that Rick Kitchen had already posted this link. But it also wasn’t clear to me from what he had what the implications were. Especially that last snippet I quoted)

That’s why he was against his fictitious bovine doppelganger, because he thought that “au jus will not replace us”.

Norwegian Cruise Lines is considering moving out of Florida if DeSantis won’t let them require vaccinations before passengers can come on board.

Does that mean he’s anti-Semitic, too? Damn! :woman_facepalming:t4:

This truly boggles the mind. No one is allowed to report when Republicans do/say stupid shit? The SDMB can be sued for this whole thread!

these puns are a bit cheesy

I agree-- they need to stop. I Camembert any more of them!