NEW Stupid Republican Idea of the Day (Part 1)

You guys are milking this one way too much.

Oh, I dunno — there’s Stiltons of material to be exploited. But we do need to let others whey in.

Brenner: So, in reviewing our last meeting’s recommendations in impleme-AAAAAAAAAA !!!
(crash) :boom: :fire: :shower: :four_leaf_clover: :maple_leaf: :rainbow:

I like this (in a gross way):

from that article:

Considering how crapped-on the five remaining statements were, you can’t help but morbidly wonder how dumb and gross the nixed ones were. Sure, there’s U.S. District Judge Richard Bennet’s full ruling printed at bottom of the article that might’ve provided more insight if I wasn’t getting so bleary-eyed (or wanting to get further grossed out).

Okay, this one definitely goes in the Talking Out of Both Sides of Their Mouth Dept.

Rep. Nicole Malliotakis voted against the COVID-19 relief package, the AP reports, then described funding her district got from the law as one of her “achievements,” and touted “bringing federal funding to the district and back into the pockets of taxpayers.”

Malliotakis is one of a long list of Republicans who’ve gone from voting no to making absolutely sure their constituents knew that federal money was flowing into their districts—usually highlighting either the Restaurant Revitalization Fund or money for community health centers. Rep. Elise Stefanik, poised to oust Rep. Liz Cheney as the third-ranking House Republican, has been especially brazen, going from slamming the American Rescue Plan as “Pelosi’s partisan COVID-19 package” to bragging about Head Start funding as well as the Restaurant Revitalization Fund.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi recently shredded Republican hypocrisy on this issue, noting how “All of a sudden they are deficit hawks when they were giving away money to wealthy people under President Trump,” but after yelling about the deficit when it was time to pass the stimulus package, “A number of them are trying to take credit for something they didn’t vote for—that’s not unusual. Vote no, take the dough—that’s what the Republicans do.”

“Vote no, take the dough” – very catchy! :woman_facepalming:t4:

And that should be the tag line on billboards all across the US. The Dems need to keep pointing out that literally none of the GOP elected officials had anything to do with this program, which is from all reports incredibly popular among voters. The Dems need a massive nation-wide coordinated campaign to keep this bit of information in front of the voters for the next four years, and probably longer.

Breaking into the information bubble of GOP voters needs to be job #1 from now on.

Absolutely true!

The Democrats do a really bad job of self-promoting… or frankly, even reporting what they are accomplishing.

Looks like I have to post another rare, lucid Republican idea of the day, this time with Adam Kinzinger calling out the conspiracists in his party. Great take-downs; everything Kinzinger says here is so awesomely bang-on. Really rubbing their faces in it. Beautiful. Some bum named Katalina Lauf will probably primary him out of a job - whatevs - atta go Adam!

Was gonna preface this with a “dumb prediction”, but nah - we’re dealing with Repubs, so…

MMM = Marjorie marries Matt.
Her divorce might be a nettlesome bother, but otherwise, true love…

I think the age difference would be a problem. For god’s sake she’s old enough to be his sister.

<golf clap>

I can’t seem to find a link at the moment, but I’ve seen pictures of several rather large billboards that touch on this theme. They seem to follow the same design, with the appropriate Democratic Senators and Representatives on one side and the corresponding Republicans on the other, making it abundantly clear who voted for the relief package and who voted against.

I think the fact that Kinzinger was raised in a fundamentalist religious cult, (which he later broke away from) has a lot to do with his steadfast rejection of Trumpism.

It’s also why his family doesn’t like him and writes him nasty letters.

The Arizona legislature has dropped their vote “audit” after the federal DOJ threatened them with discrimination charges.

Awww. I was looking forward to telling them their questions were none of their goddam business.

Ah, yes. Vote suppression and voter intimidation. They just go together like peas and carrots, don’t they ?

Shameless fucks.

Score one for the good guys, at least, but – like prisoners serving a life sentence – this mob has nothing but time and one goal on which they’re maniacally focused (and zero morals or ethics).

True, but I find stories like this one immensely disturbing:

So when a crowd of about 500 people showed up last week, some waving American flags, carrying bullhorns and lifting signs questioning the presidential election, Bruce Breton knew things were about to change.

“I’ve never seen anything like this before,” said Breton, who has served on the board for 18 years. “The groundswell from the public is unbelievable.”

The crowd at the Monday meeting had been fired up by conservative media, which in recent weeks has seized on the town’s election results for four seats in the state House as suspect. The attention, fanned by a Donald Trump adviser who happens to be a Windham resident, has helped a routine recount spiral, ultimately engulfing the town in a false theory that the national election was stolen from Trump.

It doesn’t seem to matter that Republicans won all four state House seats in question.

We’re going to have to fight this garbage with everything we’ve got for as long as it takes, or this democracy is finished.

This is the main source of the poison.

you spelled “fraudit” incorrectly

How well I know. I’ve been warning my parents (to no avail) for the past 2 decades.

More Dominion lawsuits, please!

The Governor of Georgia just signed a bill allowing college athletes to get paid, but 3/4 of the money they get has to be divided up with other athletes at the same college. When Kemp become a Communist? To each according to their needs …