NEW Stupid Republican Idea of the Day (Part 1)

Looks like the indictment is related to campaign finance violations? Or more precisely, to the cover-up of campaign finance violations.

They never think these things through, do they?

Murder, abortion, war - these are good things, it would seem, in their opinion.

Suicide seems to be the exception, for some reason. Not enough suffering is my guess, But if these far right Christians want to hasten their trip to heaven, who am I to stand in their way?

Congressman Jeff Fortenberry indicted for lying to the FBI while they were investigating illegal foreign campaign donations.

Okay, if they want to have a death-cult, fine. If they want to believe that their dying makes them virtuous and holy, fine. If they want to erect crosses and climb up on them, fine.

But what they are talking about here is SPREADING A COMMUNICABLE DISEASE.

Pieces of evil stinking excrement is what they are.

Someone tell that bastard that Trump will NOT be reinstated, and so lying to the FBI will no longer be pardoned.

Let me get this out here, as a PSA of sorts:
Republicans, Hear Me!
Trump is out!
Lying to the FBI is back to being a bad thing!

San Francisco’s health department has shut down the city’s only In-n-Out Burger for refusing to comply with the city’s vaccine mandate for customers - and in response, In-n-Out corporate has gone full antivax.

I knew the family that owns In-n-Out is evangelical, but considering how generous they are to their employees compared to most burger chains, I wasn’t expecting this. If I still lived in an area where In-n-Out has locations, they’d now be the second chain (after Chick-Fil-A) of “restaurants to never ever go to no matter what”.

Were the parts you quoted supposed to show that In-N-Out Burger has gone full anti-vax?

They’re actively resisting a common-sense law intended to protect their employees and their customers, and they’re doing so with nonsensical rhetoric about “segregation” and “governmental overreach” in a way that implies they think the health department can’t force them to so much as wash their hands, and considering the part of the country they do business in, it’s bordering on financial suicide since more and more cities in the west are definitely going to enact laws like this in the next few months. I would consider that to be “full antivax”.

If plague rats want to eat at In-n-Out, they can use the drive-thru.

First, I love how they used the word “segregate”, to try and conjure images of unjust bigotry and make themselves out to be the victim. :roll_eyes:

Second, how do they feel about minimum age requirements to purchase alcohol or marijuana?

How’s that been working for mask mandates? What’s the number of employees murdered for requesting morans wear masks if they want access to a store up to?

You weaken your argument by lumping them in with actual anti-vaxxers.

Quite well. It’s why California, Oregon, and Washington are #33, #45, and #43 respectively in covid deaths per capita, while Mississippi, Alabama, and Louisiana are #1, #3, and #4.

Lesser than the number of unvaccinated people who have died of covid.

Man, I love In’n’Out.

Gonna miss eating there, but they can go sit in the back with ChikFilA now.

Next they’ll be telling everybody that Covid is part of “The Rapture” and is being used by god to collect the faithful. That should really make the death counts take off.

I actually can’t disagree with the fact that vaccination compliance shouldn’t fall on the shoulders of food service employees. I could see making the argument that it shouldn’t be left to your employees to have to check the vaccine status of customers. That puts them in a difficult, and potentially even dangerous, position.

Of course that wasn’t really the direction they were going with it, but some sort of stupid ideological stand.

Personally, as a grocery store worker, I’d love it if our corporate overlords actually gave us the power to enforce mask/vaccine mandates. As it is, the customers are allowed to lie to us about having a “medical exemption” and we’re required to believe them.

I went to a standup comedy show in Seattle on Sunday night where, before getting in, I had to show my vaccine card and ID to an employee. I’d feel so much safer at work if we had a program like that.

As much shit as service workers are getting now, I don’t know that putting them in that position is really all that fair.

Though, if the government is going to deputize them to enforce its laws, then they should get a gun and the same protections as the police do.

Maybe people will stop being such shits to service workers if they are armed and have qualified immunity.

I like the cut of your jib!

“You can get better compliance with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.” - Al Capone, when he worked as a grocery bagboy

FWIW, I had some reservations about that before my September vacation, a trip with my nephew and his family to a redneck fishing motel at the beach.

It wasn’t an issue. Any restaurant with a TV was a sports bar tuned into sports. I didn’t see any Trump clothing or regalia. I chatted with other guests at the pool, no one talked politics and it was fine. Refreshing, even.