New Year in France - things to see and do

I need your advice please - a group of friends and I (12 in total) are spending a week in France, near Cahors, over the New Year period. Can anyone recommend things to see and do? Last year we were near Bologna in Italy and visited an old castle (that also sold wine), went to the Ferrari factory, visited Palma (nice town) etc. We’re hoping to do the same sorts of things while we’re in France.

What should we see? Where should we go? We’ll have a day in Toulouse, too (that’s where we’re flying from) so if there are sights there we should see please let me know.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

I’ve never been to Cahors, but have been to Toulouse. The obvious sights in town are churches: St-Sernin, Les Jacobins and the curiously wonky cathedral of St-Etienne. The best of the museums in town is the Musee des Augustins, housed in an old monastery and showing medieval art and stonework.

If you’re mobile, then Albi (a similar distance from Cahors as Toulouse) and the area around is worth exploring. The cathedral is spectacular - virtually a military fortress outside and one of the delicate cathedral ceilings inside - and the town also has the good Toulouse-Lautrec museum in his childhood home.

I think your user name is the answer to your question :).