New York SDMB Meeeting Minutes

I didnt want to be the first to ask…but now I can * What did you say about me??*

Well, Kelli and Satan, I had nice things to say about both of you–indeed, I think you two would make an adorable couple.

I did mention that it’s alway a bad idea to post photos, as our mental images of Board Members are always better than reality. Satan, I just can’t be afraid of you now that I’ve seen you . . .

Baseball? Well, perhaps the gentlemen discussed the Brooklyn Dodgers while waiting at the men’s room (which had a disturbing poster of Lenin over the door).

Damn, I must need to post more. Either that or act a lot smarter to get noticed. I think I’ll start a club for the people not talked about. I’ll call it The Unmentionables.

Yes, the weather is the same up here. Yes, I play basketball. No, never heard a tall joke before. Aaaargh.

Exclusion from that list above does not necessarily mean that a person was unmentioned (nor certainly unmentionable). It means only that alpha’s drunken scrawl last night and my blood-shot eyes this morning had a miscommunication, that’s all.

Livin’ on Tums, Vitamin E and Rogaine

God, that sounds like fun. I’m glad such a good time was had by all; it’d suck if you made the effort to get together and then everyone secretly thought everyone (except them, of course) was just a bunch of lamers.

Please post the minutes of the Ohio meeting promptly after it adjourns!

Okay, I’m finally here. I must find a profession that does NOT require morning meetings on mornings after.

There was…singing. At least, I recall the intention of singing. Manhattan, Alphagene and I ALL coming in on the bass (we’re a deep-voiced group), followed by embarrassed throat-clearing, a short debate on who could handle tenor, then more vodka and off to the next topic.

The groups at the adjoining tables found us a fascinating study.

Vodka. I must second manhattan’s comments. Next time, the grown-ups pick the bar. I’m proud to say that manny and I were smart enough to switch to beer after we’d downed about a pint of iced vodka apiece. Good, rich, Estonian pilsener beer. Manhattan, thanks again, and next time I grab the check!

The subject of German fingering and limp reeds came up during one of my conversations with Melanie about our saxophones. We tried NOT to talk about our saxophones, to be kind to Al and manny, but you know how saxophonists can be.

Suffice to say that Mel is the proud owner of a German-made, silver-plated tenor with a mysterious key down by the bell on the righthand side, and this enigma was a topic to which we returned again and again. Flora: aren’t you glad you left before the fourth vodka round arrived?

Kellibelli…we all think that you’re…Whoops! There’s my phone!

Uke

Of course, Ike darling, you don’t REALLY know where I went, or to whom, do you?

Perhaps there are better ways than to spend the night downing vodka and fingering Germans’ limp reeds, as charming as my fellow diners were . . .

Wow. I think I’m honored. I don’t know. Of course, it could be that I’m really not paranoid and you all really are out to get me.

When’s the Michigan meeting? :slight_smile:

BTW, the caviar last night put me in a fish-eating mood. So I’m having sushi for lunch. Just as a mundane, pointless aside.

SHHHHHHH…don’t mention the caviar and blinis!

Now UncleBeer will INSIST on having them at the Columbus get-together…

I heard that.

“The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind.” - Humphrey Bogart

Manhattan dear, had I known you were in a fish-eating mood, I . . .

. . . excuse me. I nearly said something very unladylike and unworthy of me.

Okay,whaddidya say about me?

::busy checking her calendar for her next business trip to NYC::

[Clockwork Orange]Appy polly loggies of the most sincere nature, O My Brothers, for missing last night’s revel. Your Humble Narrator was unavoidably detained at his place of rabbiting until nearly 9 PM, earning his paycheck. I could have walked the few blocks to that mesto where you congregated, but I needed to be off homeways for some much-needed spatchka.[/Clockwork Orange]

I’m gratified that my name came up in conversation, and I hope it wasn’t just to wonder why I didn’t show up. Glad you had a good time.

–Da Cap’n

Wahhhhhh…I didn’t make the cut…It’s 7th basketball tryouts all over again…::::sniff::::

Wahhhhhh…I didn’t make the cut…It’s 7th basketball tryouts all over again…::::sniff::::

Shirl, no sweat. We must’ve spent twenty minutes talking about what a boss chick you are.

Alpha probably just scrawled your handle next to Sqrlcub’s, and manhattan thought he’d written the same name twice…

[neatly done, eh, gang?]

I’ll send a shipment of salmon caviar to Columbus from Marshall’s Smoked Fish in Brooklyn, if the Clevelanders promise to reciprocate with a crate of kielbasa, from the butcher of their choice, from the West Side Market.

This may be the Greatest City in Da Woild, but it’s woefully deficient in Polish delicatessen.

Uke, sorry, you’re wrong, another reason for you to venture into the slums of Park Slope. There are two Polish delis on my block - one makes homemade sausages (there’s always this bizarre burning smell in the neighborhood). Great bakery, too.

As for all of you wondering what we talked about, I’ll just say this: I have never laughed so much in my life.

Uke, the singing? Was I in the bathroom? Or are you talking about the “My Way” droning?

Flora, Alphie and I are in mid 20’s. Won’t speak for Manhattan, but I hope he wins big in Vegas.

Next outing: Blues show!

manhattan has an ulcer that is in its mid-20’s.

He himself is slightly older.