News Idiots

[[. . . and by providing on-the-spot pictures of what was going on, they accomplished their purpose: They got you to watch their channel for some period of time.]] pld
Yup – and it also lets you know who’s on the low end of the news department totem pole.

"I’m R.J. Heim, reporting from Point Judith … "

Way too funny-
Last night on Letterman- Biff is outside in the hurricaine…you can see palm trees bending behind him, he’s barely on his feet, screaming into the mic. Dave keeps saying “Bif- we can’t hear you over the storm!”, Then he opens a side door off stage and Biff is in a room with a wind machine and water being sprayed on him to look like he’s in the hurricaine. Absolutely priceless. Anyone else see this???

Run for the hills, folks! Or you’ll be up to your armpits in martians!

The funniest one I saw was on The Daily Show with John Stewart. John’s talking to their reporter who’s sitting in a hotel (with his suite overlooking the pool) eating hot chocolate chip cookies and a cold glass of milk, wrapped in a blanket with fuzzy slippers on. Here’s a sample:

John: What happened to all that equipment we sent down with you?
Correspondent (in “news-voice”): Well, John, it was too bulky to fit in the convertible so I had to leave it behind.

I think you can get the whole thing at www.comedycentral.com/dailyshow/
It was so funny!

:frowning:
I copied this to my quotes file as soon as I saw it. I am still trying to come up with the second line to match with it.

‘All of my life is gettin’ to be such a pain …’

Nah, too dark, and pales WRT manhattan’s opening line.

Back to the OP. Saw one reporter barely able to stand that kept digitally fading out due to the broadcast van rocking. It gave the impression that the wind and rain was dissolving the reporter. Very cool.

Oblio

A point in every direction is like no point at all