Get out of the fucking wind!

Sorry if this has been pitted before.

Whats with the stupid reporters showing off in front of the camera during the hurricane?

“Holy fuck, its really windy out here! I can barely stand up!”

“Watch me try and run across the street!”

“Its really hard to stand here and keep your balance because you have to watch for flying debris!” - this one said this while clearly wearing sandals!

“Whoa! That big piece of roofing almost got me!”

What a bunch of asshats! Quit trying to hotdog for your girlfriend, get the fuck out of the hurricane, and report the news like a reporter and not a high school kid. Be professional. I don’t care of a Volvo almost took you out as it was careening down the street. I only care about the news! If you get taken down by a Stop sign, who is going to tell me the news??

The next jerk off standing in line AND you get to see a guy taken out by a stop sign.

I don’t know why people get so riled up about this. I love seeing a guy out in it.

I love seeing a guy out in it talking about how deathly dangerous it is and then you see some mom and her kids walk by in the background. Fucking tools.

Nyeh. They ain’t hotdogging for their girls…they’re hotdogging for the folks at Corporate HQ.

And if one of them gets blown over the rainbow they’ll get sainted and remembered forever.

Every time Joe Schmoe is accused of a crime, he protests his innocence. That’s not news either but they show it anyway.

I think newsworthy news went out the window when Fox Network went on the air. These days it’s all about the ratings.

I don’t know where else to put this, but this seems as good a place as any, since we’re talking stupidity.

There was a quick sounds bite with a reporter on my local noon news today, interviewing a guy who either rode it out or had made it back to what remained of his house - the guy said, “Whoa, looks like a tornado or sumpin’ went through here!”
Uh, yeah - I’d guess the ‘or something’ - maybe a hurricane?
:smack:

The nice thing about it though is that occassionally you’ll realize something about the reporter that you never knew before, like if he’s truly a brave soul or if he loses his wits in a crisis. Take Jim Cantore, for example. You get him away from a custom set and next to real world items and… woah. Did you know he’s only 3’8" tall? The guy needed a step ladder to get into a golfcart. Weird.

:rolleyes:

Please note that I used Fox only as a point of reference. I wasn’t blaming them.