News on a much-debated topic: Do wolves kill people?

First off, I saw a lot of different numbers that looked a lot like “there’s a rumor over in such and such place that x many blah blah” and then here was a huge chart that I didn’t feel like reading and analyzing. Since it was posted with a data point number next to it, I assumed the person posting it (you) had parsed it out, and asked you for a data point that I assumed you would also have.

I don’t come to MPSIMS to spend 45 minutes on a Wikipedia site trying to piece together the heresay from the verified stuff, etc, or to do lots of reasearch, especially when it looks like someone else already did exactly that and it would be much faster to just ask. Worst case scenario, you say “I don’t know, that wasn’t what I was counting.”

And yeah, at 12:39am when I’ve been up all day and I’m trying to keep my eyes open long enough to finish what I’m doing so I can go to sleop, reading and analyzing a bunch of wikipedia stuff including charts/tables is not what I’m, going to spend my time on. I come to the SDMB to enjoy myself and relax. This is MPSIMS not GD or GQ. Or hadn’t you noticed?

Why take such a rude tone when I was just asking a very simple answer that could easily have been answered as “I don’t know, but if you read the wikipedia page it probably says somewhere.” The rudeness in your tone says a whole lot more about you than it does about me.

You remind me of my mother. When I’d ask her how to spell a word, she’d make me look it up in the dictionary even though she knew how to spell it. I can understand that for little kids, to teach them how a dictionary works, but this is when I was in my teens. It’s asking someone to repeat research when you know full and well what the answer is. (Or if you didn’t, you could say that and suggest politely that the wikipedia article might contain that info.)

What is it about the SDMB that makes people stop being nice to others by default? Sheesh.