Next Star Trek Movie Ideas

Well if you don’t want Worf can I have him please? I’d love to throw heavy objects at him, while he recited Klingon poetry. I wouldn’t even care about the sore neck muscles for after.

Some people, including myself, have suggested a “Dark Ages” Trek for this very reason. The idea being: let’s bring back the days when the Federation wasn’t the dominant power in the galaxy. Like back in TOS, when they regularly encountered people who could kick their ass six ways from sunday without even trying.

First things first, however; we should make a movie in which the Borg are finally, permanently, defeated. At this point, it would be a mercy killing.

Now for the Dark Ages: basically what would happen is an alliance is formed between the Klingons, the Romulans, the Cardassians, the Ferengi, and anyoneone else we care to throw in. They all attack the Federation en masse. Starfleet is defeated and large sections of the Federation are conquered by the alien powers. The main conflict in the movie would be stopping the force that’s going to take over Earth. They stop it, of course, but they don’t retake the conquered areas. This would set the stage for a new series with a smaller, less powerful Federation that is no longer the local 800-pound gorilla.

Personally, I’m all for “Star Trek XI: Hoshi Meets The Clothes Dissolving Jello Wrestling Lesbo Monster”.

What’s needed for the comedy are scenes from various Treks, told in bad pun style, like this:

**The landing party is examining a rusty alien machine.

Data: It appears to be some sort of device for weaving and attaching pieces of fabric together… This seems to be the activator button.

Picard: Make it sew, Mr. Data.

**During a tense battle scene, the Enterprise is presented with a prime attack opportunity.

Picard: Fire at will!
Riker: dives below console

I’m sure some of you will hate me for suggesting this, but —

Yet another alien race with a chip on its’ shoulder about the Federation AGAIN goes back in time to some crucial moment in the development of Earth’s space program and mucks about, hoping to prevent the Federation from developing into THE super-power of the alpha quadrant, etc., etc.

This time, however, Kirk, Picard, Sisko, Janeway, ‘Quantum Leap’-guy or whoever, and his/her intrepid starship crew utterly fail to stop the aliens in question from changing the course of history. The Gene Roddenberry future is wiped out, never to happen and thus ruling completely out of the question any possible sequel movies or television series, and thus forcing Paramount to STOP FLOGGING THIS DEAD HORSE ALREADY!!!

I mean, come on! I grew up watching the Original Series and the Next Generation, and have fond memories of them as much as any trekker. But no amount of tinkering is going to make this series worth watching again. If any thing, the constant “new directions” the last THREE Star Trek t.v. series kept taking ought to have been proof enough; the concept is stale; the stories have all been told; “to every thing there is a season - a time to live and a time to DIE.” Let’s all just accept the obvious and let it go already! Five live action televsion series, an animated cartoon, ten movies, umpteen million books, IT’S PLAYED OUT!

Art, I bet that Harlan Ellison would write the script for free.

The career of Kirk’s predecessor, Captain Christopher Pike.

or the novel where Robert T. April meets a teener James T. Kirk aboard the newly commissioned NCC-1701.

:dubious:
Steeler. I love the fire at will line. I’ve used it a few times in our older non sequitur Trek Doper threads, but the opportunities are so rare!

Star Trek: The Xindi Strike Back

Remind me who the Xindi are?

Tony Orlando and Dawn. Without the makeup.

Which would make it … this universe.
Forgive me, those flashbacks from the Eugenics War and the sleeper ship launches back in 1996 sometimes still get to me… What?

As someone once said, if Kirk and company had appeared in mid-1980s San Francisco, they wouldn’t have been instantly mobbed by fans? :rolleyes:

How’s about a movie that describes how the Klingons went from being really angry humans with pointy eyebrows to the current bumpy headed incarnations? Perhaps it has something to do with the angry human-types being an overly opressive race keeping the bumpy heads in a state of slavery, and the movie deals with a big revolt and genocide of the angry human types?

Or perhaps a good movie dealing with whatever it is Sisko is going threw. Personally, I think he was my favorite of all the standard crew members from any series. He just had such a commanding voice and presence, it’s a shame they haven’t gotten him in a film yet.

And that alien’s name is: Richard Nixon

Jeez, the blooper real from TOS had a better plot than the stuff they’re doing now.

Sorry. Was this a real question?

If it was, the answer in in here somewhere. if not, ask it there, we’re all subscribed to or bookmarked on that thread.

A real Romulan movie… not the Reman and cloned human bullshit that Nemesis was.

NoClueBoy: ah, well I don’t care much for Enterprise or Quantum Leap Man, so I don’t really know what’s going on in that series.

Federation scientists previously stationed at DS9 develop a Wormhole theory which postulates the galaxy is actually criss-crossed by a network of wormholes…apparently constructed by an ancient civilization to link star systems populated by sentient life.

When a “locked” wormhole terminus is discovered orbiting Jupiter, the scientists use a phased chroniton pulse as a “key”.

As the wormhole opens, an ancient shuttlepod is spat out, and is immediately beamed into the cargo hold of the research ship. The lone occupant spills out onto the floor and exclaims:

“My God, its full of stars!” , before passing out.

What are you doing, Dave?

“I remember talking to Dr. Heywood Floyd, HAL, Juiper detonated, a white flash, and then The Sisko told me to return.”