Next stop: Kingston, NY!

So my team got our new assignment yesterday: At the end of August/early September, we’re stationed in Kingston, New York. We’ll be working with Habitat for Humanity again for our 4th Round project. Very exciting. We’ve been in Baltimore, Hartford CT, and Boston so far.

Cool! Check out the Railroad Museum! And the foliage should be great!

Very historical Hudson River town. Fascinating architecture. Downtown half scruffy, half yuppie.

My parents, one sister, and one brother and his family live close by Kingston NY.

Very, very close by.

The foliage won’t be great in August or September of course, but by the middle of October if you are still there. There is also a firefighter’s museum which I have never been to but have heard good things about. If you have time and the transportation for a short road trip the village of Rhinebeck NY is a good place to waste half a day or so. And don’t overlook the Rondout area.

I have to say parts of Kingston itself aren’t that great but the surrounding area is beautiful.

I should also mention that across the river in Hyde Park are one of the Vanderbilt mansions that is open to the public, and the Franklin Delano Roosevelt house/museum. They are just down the street from each other and many people do both in the same day. They are probably the biggest historical attractions in the area. Again, if you have the time, the inclination and a ride.