NFL 2021 Week 18 and Life

I threw up in my mouth listening to the announcers recount Aaron Rodgers telling his team they can do great things by putting the team first and doing the hard work necessary to win.

Fuck his hypocritical bullshit.

Go Jags! Can’t believe this is the same team which gave up 50 points last week.

I am definitely entertained. I feel like it’s been a while since the last week of the season was this convoluted.

I didn’t see the game, but found a generic explanation on-line:

The NFL rule regarding this policy states:
“It is not necessary that the snap be between the snapper’s legs. But it must be one quick and continuous motion of the hand or hands of the snapper. The ball must leave or be taken from his hands during this motion.” – [NFL Rulebook]

In other words an illegal snap refers to center not snapping the ball in one continuous motion. The plays that will be called for this penalty will involve the center making a sudden movement prior to snapping the ball.

Even just a twitch of the center’s hands after he has placed them on the ball is enough to call an illegal snap infraction. Another helpful way to think of it is an illegal snap infraction is like a false start call on the center position.

So the Raiders and Chargers can knock each other out with a win…or they can tie and both advance to the postseason.

Dare I speculate that we see an American version of the Disgrace of Gijon tonight?

If the Raiders and Chargers tie, Chargers are 6 seed and Raiders 7.

If the game doesn’t end in a tie, Steelers are the 7 seed.

Chargers win puts them as the 6 seed; Raiders win would mean they are either 5 or 6 seed, depending on the outcome of the Pats game.

Face of every Colts fan after major Carson Wentz screw-up: :scream:

Face of every Eagle fan after major Carson
Wentz screw-up: :no_mouth:

And with the Lions win, the Jags, despite today’s win, have the #1 pick in the draft yet again!

Ok thanks - that pretty much agrees with what I remember from the replay. It almost looked like the center hit his leg with ball and sort of bobbled it then completed the snap. It definitely wasn’t one smooth continuous motion.

Hoping for a scorigami.:football:

At least the Colts only gave up one third round and one first round pick to be disappointed by Wentz. The Eagles gave up 3 top 100 picks and a future first rounder. But the Eagles won a Super Bowl, so it’s all good.

Seattle gets a meaningless win in Arizona to end the season 7-10. But damn that was a fun game. Rashaad Penny gets 190 rushing yards on the day!

The regular season ends with Goff winning and Stafford losing. I guess the Lions got the better deal. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

But QB of the day was Detroit rookie WR Tom Kennedy, with 100% completion, 75 yards, 1 TD and 0 INT for a rating of 158.3. He hasn’t even caught a TD in his pro career.

Well, I guess the Raiders/Chargers game won’t end in a 0-0 tie, as I was hoping.

San Francisco definitely earned their playoff spot coming back from 17-0 to win in overtime.

That Stafford OT interception was a thing of beauty for anyone who doesn’t like Matt and/or the Rams.

(I’m indifferent about Stafford but as a Seattle fan I’m legally required to hate LA, even if SF wins as a result.)

Worked out like I wanted. Eagles/Bucs. We won’t fly to the Super Bowl, but hey, we could take out Brady for the rest.

Hoping for tie on Bolts/Raiders.

A lot of nervous people in Pittsburgh right now…

Chargers lose. Should not have called a timeout. I think they broke an unspoken agreement with that.