NFL Hall of Fame Nonimations are in

Who should make it to the Hall?

Who I think should be in, based on their stats, along with watching them either live and/or classic games footage…

Among QBs - Elway is a lock. Plunkett and Simms should be in, just for winning 2 Super Bowls. Simms may have been more of a system QB, but still deserves the nod. Ken Anderson gave the Bengals hope before Boomer, played in Super Bowl too, but won’t make it.

Among RBs - Barry is a lock. Craig really should get in there for being the first 1000/1000, but he was such a west coast product, he might not make it yet. Herschel Walker had a couple 1000 yard seasons, but nothing to warrant HOF. Did all his damage in college and USFL.

Among WRs - Hello? All Art Monk did was catch almost a thousand balls, win a couple of SBs… Cliff Branch was sick, but that would be like putting in Jerry Porter into the HOF, so nah. Drew Pearson was the original Cowboys’ 88, and the best receiver until Irvin came along. He better make it. Same goes for Sterling Sharpe for he was on his way to Harrison/Rice-like greatness and still caught enough balls in his short career to deserve a nod.

Among TEs - Todd Christensen…ehh. Dave Casper will probably be the only Raider TE for now. Could catch a ton though, couldn’t block for crap.

Among Centers - Kent Hull should be a lock. Multiple All-Pro seasons, and blocking for the Bills’ K-Gun offense takes serious stamina.
Among Guards** - Russ Grimm was one of the Redskin hogs. He should be in.

Among Tackles - Joe Jacoby, another hog, should be in. Russ Zimmerman was decent, probably not enough to make it being an OL.

Among Def. Linemen - These guys should be in, no questions asked: Ed “Too Tall” Jones, Richard Dent, Harvey Martin, L.C. Greenwood, Jim Marshall. Why? Look up: Purple People Eaters, Doomsday Defense, Steel Curtain and 85’ Bears. But of course since the HOF Committee has something against the 70’s Cowboys, they’ll most likely be snubbed again. If Klecko or Gastineau from the overrated and weak “NY Sack Exchange” make it in over those guys, I’ll be terminally sick. Hell, Jim Marshall should have already been in ages ago, like around the time Woody Paige was born.

Among Linebackers - Harry Carson should make it in. He was the star during the Giants’ bad days, and then complimented Carl Banks and LT well in their championship years. Darryl Talley…I’d pick Cornelius Bennett over Talley, but I guess he has a chance out of pity having been in 4-5 SBs, all lost. Same with Mecklenburg.

Among DBs - Donnie Shell and Lester Hayes should make it.

Among STs/K/Ps - Ray Guy was the Raiders’ Shane Lechler of the 70’s, should have been in ages ago. Steve Tasker went to a million Pro Bowls as a special teamer. That alone should merit something.

Among Coaches - Jimmy Johnson should be a lock, but he might have to wait. Coryell did innovate offense, but no ring. Knox has the wins and longevity, but no ring. Therefore those two are passed.

Among Contributors - Art Modell, been around for 50+ years, made a bold move for moving the Browns away, finally got his SB ring with the Ravens, first to hire a Black person as an executive. Ralph Wilson and George Young maybe, while the rest haven’t been known around long enough to make it in yet.
Since only 6 get picked, if I was in committee it would be: John Elway, Barry Sanders, Art Monk, Jim Marshall, Ed “Too Tall” Jones and Jimmy Johnson.

Oooops, stupid browser double posted. Please delete this thread, thanks.