NFL Playoffs: Divisional Round

That was a player panicking. I assume he lost track of the clock and didn’t think he could step out.

All he had to do was step OB and they had a legitimate (but long) shot to tie. Throwing it at all was dumb; throwing it forward was truly boneheaded.

And to solidify the idea that these guys have no clue about the rules, the guy he threw it tried to run with it after it bounced off the ground to him.

I just switched the Colts-Pats game into Spanish. It seems much more exciting that way. And much nicer than listening to Greg Gumbel and Dan Dierdorf.

It looked to me like it was designed that way, a caught pass and then a long, cross-field lateral, but very poorly executed to wind up throwing the ball forward.

Well, if so then that was even stupider than I assumed.

It was completely bizarre, but as a life-long Seahawks fan, I’ll take it. Ugly game for the most psrt though, Seahawks are going to have to do better than that next week.

My info shows that the line closed at -9, so anyone who put money down before the close ended up with a push, but Seattle failed to cover the closing line, by one point.

There was a CB on his right shoulder, he very well might have been trapped inbounds. 2 seconds is a pretty long time, but just a mis-step and it is gone like that.

Seems like the punter got lucky that they forced the fumble/safety, otherwise a TD was the likely outcome.

Is it wrong to be happy that Dierdorf is retiring? Seriously, why would you want to give the Colts the ball on the 2 instead of taking the safety and the free kick. Stupid stupid analyst.

Completely agree. Oh, and: Dierdorf is an idiot.

He led with his head a lot when he played.

oh, my mistake, when I look at video of it the CB was several yards downfield – man, those guys move fast

Every January, around the second or third week, Seattle gets a tease of summer for a few days – looks like maybe next Sunday will be shirt-sleeve weather (at least, for non-sun-belter-types), so the Seahawks will probably not have a slop-weather-edge. Whomever they play, they had best get their act together, they will not be facing Miss Patsy.

I don’t know how this announcing team is employed, let alone got a playoff game.

In this instance, it’s partly because we’re a L O U D bunch! No one would be able to hear him.

I think the fault was with Stills, who ran downfield too far, so Colston could not throw a lateral.

I can’t believe the Colts punted down three touchdowns in the 4th quarter on a 4th and 1. Guess I don’t need to bother with the rest of this game.

Dierdorf said it was because he had so much confidence in his offense that he thought they could have 3 more scoring drives even with less time left. Just not confident enough in them that they could get 4th and 1.

That really was insanely bad. I’m sure Greg Easterbrook would say that the Patriots, thanks to the fraidy-cat punt, were emboldened to go on their very effective clock-killing drive right after. And, in this case, I don’t know that I’d disagree with him. That was a preposterous give-up call. Christ, optimally speaking, the Colts should have gone been going for it even if the game was tied.

Well that sucks. Both teams with key players going down. :frowning:

Regarding the end of the Saints/Seahawks game, am I right in assuming that the issue was because the pass was going forward? If the guy threw it to a guy laterally or behind him, they could have kept the ball and remained in play?