NFL Playoffs: Divisional Round

Yes, a lateral pass is legal, and you can lateral multiple times on the same play. But time would have run out on the play, so it would have had to end up as a TD to make any difference.

Fuck yes! Patrick Willis making his presence felt.

Yep that was an interception.

And Carolina is giving a lot of presents to the 49ers in penalties.

Perhaps after that first one, they reasoned they’d be called for penalties whether they commit them or not. So might as well commit them.

Christ, I hate Easterbrook’s writing. Even when he’s right he’s insufferable.

People like to ascribe traits to franchises that don’t really make sense - even after complete changes from players to coaches to owners, they will assign traits to a team based on their past perceived identity.

So it’s probably not correct for me to say this, but the Colts are the most cowardly franchise in football. They lay down in games at the end of the season, they were too scared to go for a perfect season a few seasons ago, and they generally make conservative, cowardly calls - regardless of coach.

In conclusion, fuck that franchise, I’m glad to see them fail. They lucked into Manning, sucked for one year, then lucked into Luck. Their fanbase is a bunch of housewives with Manning/Luck jerseys who abandon the team the instant they don’t look like they’re going to win 10 games.

I think he’d say the Panthers needed a little misdirection on those goal line plays. He’d be right (but insufferable) about it too.

100% TD there. Great catch by Davis. I’m surprised we didn’t just QB sneak it, but whatever works.

I can understand the missed call by the official there, though. Generally you see the catch then look down for the feet. The left foot did go out of bounds, but the official missed the drag.

very happy to go into halftime with the lead. Cam has shredded the D in the middle of the field, and you can’t keep assuming we’d keep him out from the one all the time.

GO 49ERS!

It’s been a very physical game, as expected. Panthers’ penalties are hurting them. They need to keep their heads.

Boldin is such a dick. He needs to be flagged for taunting when he does that headbutt thing.

I’m not impressed with the officiating. They’ve been missing that (even though calling it on Munnerlyn earlier), they missed a 12-men-in-the-huddle, they called a ridiculous unnecessary roughness against the Panthers on the Niners first possession, and that PI at the end of the first half was terrible (though it’s almost always called, so that’s more on the NFL than this crew.) Maybe the officials will have a better second half.

That Kaepernick celebration just tipped me over from sucking my teeth at everyone being objectionable dicks in this game to just laughing at it; pretty weak reffing really. They should have been flagging all this taunting shit earlier to try and get it under control. I would not be surprised if there is a full on fight before this game is over.

If you have a “personal” touchdown celebration that’s known well enough to be mocked, I don’t think mocking it should be considered taunting.

Early guesses on the SF @ SEA line?

Panthers are not built to come back from big deficits. If the 49ers get more points here it’s over.

I’ll take a stab at answering my own question: SEA -4.

Now we can run out some clock, kill some of thos time outs. Not over yet.

That roughing call on Stuka?? (something like that) was totally bogus. Newton ran right into him, no real way he could have avoided the contact if he wanted to.

About as legitimate as the unnecessary roughness on a hit on a 49ers receiver in the 1st Quarter, with a tipped ball still in the air. Bad refereeing today, like the rest of the playoffs. Down with “All Star” playoff crews!

These last two days has shown me that Kaepernick and the Seattle defense are self-aggrandizing, taunting punks. At least one of them will be ensaddened next week.