NFL Week 1

Myles Garrett is going to miss the game (probably at least 4) with a high ankle sprain, which sucks. I was looking forward to him getting off to a quick start and maybe splitting Ben in half.

High ankle sprains are the worst. They’re not enough to knock you out for the full season and make you go in full rehab mode, but if you do anything at all for like 4 months you make the damn thing worse and it hobbles you for a long time.

Browns had a keystone cops routine on their first possession and it was already like “For fucks sake, not again” but they seem to have gotten it out of their system and look much more collected on the second drive.

They’re already using Njoku more than I expected. I wasn’t even sure he’d be the main receiving TE this year, I figured it would be devalve.

Well, the Lions re already at mid-season clusterfuck level, only one quarter into the season. A pick six, a snap dropped by the punter in the end zone, and got hurt, a defensive penalty on a field goal giving another chance, an intentional grounding penalty, A kickoff return to the 2 yard line etc.

Steelers first quarter without a first down, apparently the first time in 5 years, TV factoid. The defense is looking surprisingly great right off the bat even without Garrett. It has been a while since they’ve had good defensive coaching.

Does anyone have NFL game pass? I have to work Sunday afternoons this season and I thought it might be a good way to see the replays of other games since most of the time I’m only getting the Bears game at noon on Sunday before I have to go into work.

I’ve had it in the past but not this year (although I may still). It works really well, good quality, you can go split screen or 4 way split screen if you want, and the condensed replays are totally worth it.

Even tho their first game got postponed, my Bucs are still starting the season undefeated!

Let the record show that the Eagles were up when I started complaining about the refs. I just can’t with this shit anymore.

Steelers with their 19th personal foul flag.

Do they have tackling dummies with g-force sensors in their heads and you can’t leave the practice field until you’ve induced 5 concussions?

The answer: “We’re Number One in our division and are undefeated.”
The question: “What’s two things they’re saying in Buffalo and not Boston?”

There may have been some questionable calls in the GB / Seattle game, but (IMHO) Seattle still doesn’t have the right to complain yet.

Slow start, but the Packers pull it off.

Brian

The defense really impressed me. The offensive line … not so much. Not very impressive, but a win is a win. Should be an interesting year.

The Browns lost, we’re pretty used to it by now but this time it didn’t exactly sting. There are no “moral victories” so this wasn’t one, I’m not saying the team has turned the corner but I kinda think I see that corner coming up.

Kizer has a lot of work to do to become a solid starting QB. He needs to learn when to throw the ball away instead of taking a sack and I worry about him seeing the whole field and not locking onto receivers. But we knew he was unfinished when we drafted him and he won the starting job by default, I ain’t bought his jersey yet but he did enough today to make me hope to add one to my Christmas list.

The D is very young and is showing promise. I don’t know why we were putting our safeties in a different zip code but the unit held it’s own. When Myles Garrett gets in we might be on the verge of some sort of nasty.

The special teams need a lot of work, spotting the Steelers a TD before Big Ben steps on the field is the type of mistake than can’t be excused even with youth an inexperience.

But all said this was one of our better opening game losses and the local beverage store had my favorite beer on sale. Nothing to crow about but I’m not complaining either.

The circus catch of the year came early.

C’mon man, you know by now that’s just “Good Stillers Futbawl!”. And it will NOT get flagged, penalized or suspended on the level that applies to other teams (especially my Bengals, whom are no good thugs that barely deserve to play in the league).

The Steelers are the NFL equivalent of Bill Laimbeer.
Anyway, Bills won and Cowboys won, two good things… surprised to see the Bengals get dominated that badly at home.

Both of these things are true.

They are not the same!

:slight_smile:

Ouch, Roethlisberger now has the most wins as a starting QB at the Brown’s stadium:

The Niners just might not suck so terribly this season.