NFL Week 1

There was no block in the back. When you look at the play, it is not even clear that there was any contact at all. Rogers keeps on chasing Smith as if he had not even been touched by Avril. It was a terrible call. If there were offsetting flags on Lane and Adams, as probably should have been the case, where would the ball have been spotted (as the penalties would have been after the pick)?

So the phantom clip that nullified a touchdown
Being tackled by two guys in the endzone is not pass interference
Being ejected because of a phantom punch.

When do the Seahawks get the right to complain?

You want a binky or something?

A bad call is a bad call and is always a bad call. Period.

Tell that to Pete Carroll.

All teams suffer from and benefit from bad calls in equal measure. Some just complain about it more and/or louder.

I find that unlikely. Even if it’s not a grand conspiracy, I think refs will tend to favor successful teams and star players whether they conciously mean to or not.

In rare cases there are personal grudges, too, I think. Terry McAuley gives the Browns shit since he was involved in bottlegate.

Maybe, but if so, it averages out over many seasons, not within a specific game. And all teams/fans complain when they get the short end of the stick in a particular game.

Shazier should have been suspended for his hit on Kizer.

Which one? There were 3 head to head hits including a spearing during a slide.

I should have added 2014. The last two times that Buffalo was 1-0 and NE 0-1, were Superbowl winning seasons for NE. Buffalo finished 6-10 and 9-7 out out of the playoffs (as they have each year this century). Don’t count your chickes before they hatch.

What does Seattle have to do with any of this?

He’s just going to ignore me and chew his gum.

Week 2 thread

Against the Seahawks
Like when the refs thought Vinnie Testaverde’s white and green helmet was a football and called a touchdown? That call cost the Seahawks the playoffs that year (and the coach his job).

The season that the refs mismanaged the clock in two different games in the last minute.

Super Bowl XL.

So what are you going to counter with? The Fail Mary which had absolutely no impact on the preseason (even accounting for standings)? And incidently you need to ignore the missed Green Bay’s DPI from just a couple plays before that had a huge impact on the game.

So go ahead and tell me what bad calls Seattle has benefited from.