NFL Week 16

I’ll give him this: he’s never short of an opinion about what women and black people are doing. Whatever the situation, wherever it’s happening, if there are women and African Americans making news, you can be sure that dale will be along soon to let us know whether or not they’re behaving appropriately.

Spoiler alert: nope. Most like uppity and or gold digging.

Talking about Cam, did tonight’s performance hurt his chances for the MVP? It was the first time all year the panthers had scored fewer than 20 points in a game.

I’m actually thinking Carson Palmer might be a better choice, the Cardinals are looking very impressive down the last of the season.

He makes bad draft picks, the Packers don’t look like a NFC representative to Super Bowl 50. It’s sad, because at the beginning of the year, I said that they would represent that great conference.

Four of the better and more respected teams in the league all lost games they were generally expected to win. What a day.

The Patriots are saying that this was planned, and that the coaches instructed the players to choose to kick. I haven’t seen the OT numbers you mention, but I can maybe see the logic in a low scoring game like this. If you don’t think your offense is likely to drive the whole field for a TD, then you play for a defensive stop and a short FG drive.

There’s also the cynical/conspiracy angle that the Patriots would just rather have the Jets in the playoffs than the Steelers :slight_smile:

And now Chip Kelly is out of a job. What a week.

Anyone want to get the coaching carousel thread started for this year? I’m out shooting pool tonight. I’ll start one tomorrow if there isn’t one yet.

I had to stare at your post for 10 mins and could not believe it

Snert. Why do they bother to report this crap?

Rams DE William Hayes does not believe dinosaurs ever existed, thinks scientists are burying the fossils like easter eggs.

Why not? His personnel decisions have been atrocious and his system over players mode of thinking wasn’t any better.

Because I thought his first year of making the playoffs in 2013 bought him atleast one more year.

I was kinda hoping he’d stay on. I really wanted to see what other harebrained personnel moves were in store from The Genius, not to mention I could use at least another season of [del]pointing and laughing[/del] not worrying about the Eagles.

You won’t have to worry about any team without a franchise QB which is the eagles situation

Well, that’s obviously just stupid.

You don’t bury easter eggs.

I wonder if the Titans will pick him up, to coach Mariota.

So l found the answer to my question about overtime probabilities. Apparently, since the new OT rules went into effect in 2012, the team that receives the ball first has won 33 out of 65 games (50.8%), while the model that ESPN uses suggests they *should *win 53.8% of the time in the long run, with a sufficient sample size.

Either way, I think that’s a small enough inherent advantage that it can pretty easily be swamped by other considerations (principally weather and the specific matchups in the game). Couldn’t say whether it was a good call in this particular Patriots game.

I’m surprised they actually fired him without giving him at least one more year, but after that last offseason it was absolutely justified. What’s amazing isn’t that it was awful, but that it looked just as awful as it was at the time, without even the benefit of hindsight. I wonder if they gave him the option of staying on if he relinquished power over personnel moves.

Odd that they fired him with one game left to go.

I wonder if he asked for the firing if it was already a done deal. Gives him a leg up on the Titans job as well as potential college openings.

Why is he wasting his time playing football, instead of participating in the Republican Presidential debates? Ben Carson has nothing on him.