NFL - Week 9

First things first – from the Week 3 thread:

Hope you took my advice, Bearflag. :slight_smile:

Now then, to dalej42, an apology:

In the above-linked post, I noted “I find dalej’s overconfidence in the Cardinals as amusing as anyone…”

I’m no longer amused, and I no longer look at you as overconfident. You’re straight-up confident, and you have every right to be. The Cardinals are finally, finally looking like the team they’re always supposed to look like in August. You know they’re not perfect, but they’re definitely playing well enough to hang around with anybody in the league right now. With the rest of the division being utter laughingstocks (how can three teams be 2-6?!?), the Cardinals will probably be one of the first two or three teams to lock in a postseason berth.

It’s almost a shame they’re stuck where they are. In Week 2, I weakly predicted the Cardinals would win the division. However, there are two major factors there – 1) I though it would be more of a matter of the other NFC West teams failing then Arizona succeeding, and 2) I didn’t really think they’d pull it off. Well, pull it off they did, but now they’ll likely have to hear a lot of “Well, of course they made the playoffs…look at their division”. Bullshit. The Cards, right now, can play against anyone.

So, to you dalej42, I offer up an apology. The Cards are the real deal, and I wish you all the best in enjoying their run up to the playoffs (no love to you come week 12, of course, but I’m sure you understand). :slight_smile:

It is worth noting that Buffalo is the only team they’ve beaten that currently has a winning record. Well, okay, Dallas too, but they’re not long for sub-.500.

Let the hat feast begin!

The problem with the Cards is they have been the vogue pick for about 5 years, but they never pull it off. I’m glad to see they are moving ahead in the league. I like rooting for teams that have never been to the Super Bowl.

The Browns will start Quinn at QB on Thursday. What… the… hell?

Your receivers lead the league in drops. Hey, must be the quarterback’s fault!

This is an even worse move than Scott Linehan deciding to start statue-like Trent Green over Marc Bulger because Bulger was getting sacked too much.

I hear it. Dropped passes and throwaways shouldn’t count towards the QB rating. Kinda like walks and batting average in baseball.
No matter what, it’s hard to quantify quarterback play.

Have you seen a Browns game in the last year or so?

It’s not possible that both the WR play and QB play have both sucked?

Anderson has played poorly this year and he has lost the team (arguments and almost fist fights are breaking out in the huddle). The change is a few weeks overdo. I’m not sure what the whole story is… a better coaching staff probably could’ve prevented this situation… but as is, there’s a whole lot of strife on the team and Anderson is the center of it. A fresh start is desperately needed at this point.

The team is a mess… it’s mostly the fault of the coaching staff, but if Quinn can be the spark that gets everyone on the same page again it’s worth a try.

New name for my fantasy football team: Zorn-holed.

Down by 10.5 points going into last nights game with Washington’s kicker. He gets two 40+ yarders in the first ten minutes, putting me down only by 2.5. Skip to the fourth quarter, down by 17(read: they need a FG) and both times of fourth down Zorn goes for it with horrible results. For fuck’s sake the fucking points man!

Anderson hasn’t sucked, though. If anthing, I’d say he’s been the best player on offense, with J-Lew yet to crack 100 yards and the receivers dropping everything but trou. Plus, from where I’m sitting, those fights have a lot more to do with your boy Braylon being a whiny prima donna.

Don’t say I never did anything for you. This morning, an ESPN lead-in promo had a two-second clip of Clayton celebrating. This was in the background.

Ding ding ding ding! We have a winner…yum.