NHL: October 2023

Season begins today with the Connor Bedard show.

Still don’t understand why they can’t begin the season on Canadian thanksgiving and have all the Canadian teams in action. It would be an interesting way to open the season besides the ‘let’s squeeze it in between NFL games and baseball playoffs.’

Doesn’t hurt that Canadian Thanksgiving, Columbus Day and Indigenous Peoples Day (US) all occur on the same day. Yeah, it’s going to always collide with Monday Night Football, but so what. You have all day and can do something like what the NBA does for Xmas. Not sure I’d focus on just the Canadian teams necessarily, but owning the Holiday is the right move.

Well. Sitting here for the Kraken-VGK game, I got my first delayed start as my first game of the season. Add in all the banner-raising antics and I suspect I will not stay up for the end of this one

The Chicago Bedards got a W.

Not NHL, but I thought was cute.
Well, in a referee kinda way.

ETA: scroll down for some hilariously surreal footage.

Every team in the NHL in action tonight. On a night with a game 7 in baseball (ok, can’t be predicted in advance, but still) and the opening of the NBA season.

This league has no clue on how to promote itself.

You have to admit though, “Frozen Frenzy” is pretty catchy.

In good news (in my opinion) the NHL has decided to stop listening to Vladimir Putin and listen to common sense. They have reversed the ban on Pride tape.

He scored his first home ice goal in the home season opener the other day. Imagine how he felt when the light went on, the horn sounded, and the crowd roared! He had to be thrilled! :heart:

About one week into the season. All teams Tuesday is starting now.

As a long time Red Wings fan, lived through the dead Wing era, lived through the '94 catastrophe to the Ducks, lived through the DYNASTY era, and lived through the Post-Playoff streak era, and cough Yzerplan for the win WOOT WOOT WOOT cough I have to say this season is going well.

Unsigned Senators player Shane Pinto is suspended for 41 games for gambling.

It seems that he did not bet on hockey games. The helmet ad for the Sens is for Bet99.

‘Canes get Andrei Svechnikov back, hopefully he can stay healthy.

Oh god this 100,000 times. On the other hand, if it were more popular it would be harder to get a seat. (Two years before Gretzky came to LA, seats were $10 and you could buy them at the gate. Good seats.)

Good grief the Sharks are so bad. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Yeah, I noticed that while checking the standings last night. That’s a notably bad start.