Nice little things the pandemic has given you

In the Stupid little things the pandemic has taken from you thread, I lamented missing many restaurants that I used to visit. The flip side is that I’m eating healthier now that I’m dining almost exclusively at home.

Along those same lines, I’m getting more exercise. I used to take a short walk (~1/2 mile) a couple of times a day while at work. This summer my wife and I found a nice place to walk where we hardly see any other people, so now we’re walking 2-4 miles each time we visit. We go pretty much every day when the weather’s good, and when it’s not, I’ve been putting in time on an elliptical trainer. with these diet and exercise improvements, I’m probably healthier than I’ve been in quite some time.

At work, I share an office with a couple of other guys, so we don’t play music - and I can’t really listen on headphones, because that makes it harder to spontaneously interact with those guys or with anyone else who walks in. At home, it’s just me and my wife, so we get to play music all day. Usually 80s hits. :slight_smile:

The lack of commute is great. My commute was short, just 15 minutes each way, but even that savings has been nice for me. My wife had a much longer commute, and she really hates driving; she is delighted that she hasn’t been behind the wheel at all since March and probably won’t be until the middle of 2021 at the earliest. Even after that, the proliferation of teleworking infrastructure and policies means she probably won’t be driving in as much as she used to.