Nicola Sturgeon resigns {Scotland}

First Minister of Scotland Nicola Sturgeon has resigned. A little out of the blue perhaps but I suspect she could hear the mood music in the background.

She’s had a bruising few months what with the knockback of a second referendum, poor NHS management and the unpopular changes to the gender recognition bill (and subsequent alarm about male rapists in female prisons)

It’ll be fascinating to see who steps into that role and on what policy platform, double-down? re-appraisal and rethink?

I nominate Kevin Bridges.

well that’s a vote winner for me!

You could of course choose Wee Jimmy Krankie if you wanted some aesthetic consistency.

Oooh! So many options! Frankie Boyle always has a bit to say about politics. That’s 3 good options already!

Really? Unpleasant remarks about a female politician’s looks, is it?

I’d suggest Susan Calman but then I’d be constantly confusing her with Ruth Davidson.

You appear to be implying that a certain female Scottish comedian is somehow unpleasant in her looks.

Spare me.

You brought up the idea of unpleasant looks. I’m assuming you are aiming that at one of those women at least.

No, I said it was an unpleasant remark.

And it was. It was a snide little snigger about a female politician’s appearance.

Sorry, correct that. It was a snide little snigger about a female politician’s “aesthetics”.

Edited: sorry, withdrawing this post as it is a hijack of the thread.

First Jacinda Ardern and now her. How many male politicians accept that they don’t have anything more in the tank? It’s refreshing.

It was a gentle piss-take, such as all politicians get. remarking on her superficial similarity to a figure of fun (just like Ed Milliband and Wallace).

There is a thread on this already in P&E.

Yes, I’ve asked the mods to merge. Lack of brevity my downfall again!

Mocking a woman politician’s appearance is not tolerated on this board. It is misogynistic and will need to be avoided going forward. Don’t do this again.

This thread is closed, we have another without the misogynistic jab by the OP.

This little series appear the PMs you exchanged with the staff shows you were basically trolling. This is a warning for you instead to not be misogynistic and/or trolling.