Nit Pick the previous thread

To be fair and balanced, emilyforce, you really ought to have also included an example of the incorrect, quotation mark-infused situation you described.

I feel that your third comma is superfluous.

You feel it is superfluous? Either it is or it isn’t, there is no feel.

USCD, there is too a feel. I copped one earlier today. I feel good that I did. Do you feel me on feel?

SSG Schwartz

“Do you feel me on feel” is an unusually awkward construction. It’s so awkward, in fact, that it loses it’s cleverness.

Um, it’s!! I can’t even properly call that a nit pick!

Damn, you caught on to my plot! I was going to call someone out for calling that a nit.

I don’t believe that to ‘call someone out’ is proper when the format is clearly text. Please refrain from such colorful allusions in this most serious thread.

You should use double quotation marks.

Yes, but where?

Asking for clarification when the intended meaning of the previous poster was so patently obvious is clearly a desperate attempt to participate in the game without any real justification.

TLDR.

Posting a series of consonants barely qualifies as a reply; let alone a nitpick.

That semicolon should be a comma.

If you were to allow for regional variations in the rules of grammar, the semicolon could also satisfactorily be replaced by a period. The second sentence would then become a cry for lenienicy and I find it unforgivable that you would trounce upon this plea.

Trounce upon? This must be some definition of the word “trounce” that I wasn’t previously aware of.