No hits in Google News Archives. What have I done?

As of the past day or two, I get absolutely no hits of any kind in Google News Archives. Not one single hit on any subject. What might I have done? Everything–I mean absolutely everything–comes back with the same response:

“Your search - [my search words] - did not match any news results.”

Well, not exactly that message–the words in brackets are the words I’m searching for. I just did a search on “Douglas MacArthur” before posting this.

I can report that I just searched for “Clinton” between 1992 and 1994 and got plenty of results. So it does seem specific to you.

Something about me personally, too! I get nothing on either the work or home computer!

If it was one computer, I’d be inclined to think it was cookies. (And clearing out your Google cookies might help.)

More than one computer? Are you logged in under a Google/Gmail account? It could be something weird under your profile settings. Try logging out.

Another possibility is malware hijacking your Google searches in general. (And the malware itself is also messed up, not “handling” Google News searches right.) If you have one machine infected, the likelihood of another being infected is high.

And, just like that, it’s back. It will be interesting to see if it’s back at work, too. A mystery. . . .