No, I didn't know it was hot. Please say four thousand more fucking times

So, the a/c in my office conked out on Wednesday. We have to jump through many hoops to get the authorization to get it replaced. I can understand this (even though it sucks) and accept it. We have lots of fans (yeah, I know all about how they don’t really cool off the room, but they feel good when blowing on you) running and we have gotten permission to wear shorts until the crisis has passed.

So, to all my cow-orkers in the next office (whose air is working properly), please walk over to our side and say, “It sure is hot over here” every two fucking minutes.

And to my cow-orkers on our side, please say it every thirty seconds. And please wish out loud how you’d like for them to get it fixed as soon as possible.

Because as soon as you finish saying it, I forget how hot it is. I really need you to remind me often. I would hate to try and figure out why I’m sweating like a pig and I’m not even moving.

Boy, it’s hot in here.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: ::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: ::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: ::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: ::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: clap: :clap:

Don’t stop clapping, Inigo Montoya. It sure is hot in here and we need the breeze.

:smiley:

At least it’s a *dry *heat!
:smiley:
:d&r:

I wish.

Ever been in Savannah?

No, it ISN’T hot enough for me! Thanks for asking, though.

Close enough–Hinesville for 2 years. The nice part of the year in that neck of the woods is April. I’m a Yankee from Seattle and I can still remember the horror of waking up at 5:30 am just so I could mow my lawn without getting heat stroke…but that’s another thread.

What you gotta do is head on down to River Street and kick back in the shade with a number of beers and point at the tourists. Do this until the AC is fixed, and then make your office mates test it out for a week or so before you head back (so the place can dry out and not smell of butt sweat).

I walk 'round in summertime sayin ‘How about this heat?’
I’m an asshole (He’s an asshole, what an asshole)
I’m an asshole (He’s the world’s biggest asshole)
–Denis Leary

Damn, it’s hot.

It’s like eighty some odd million thousand degrees and shit.

People repeat such things because when your brain is melting, it is hard to think about anything else.

Hothothothothothothothothohtohtohtohtohtohtohtohtoht

So is my oven.

Well, at 9:00 tonight, it was 82°F in my house with about 95% humidity, so you have my sympathy. Around here in recent weeks, I swear that I have heard the weather people refer to 75% humidity as “low.”

I think you will be fully justified in going postal, should you choose to do so.

It’s not the heat…

…it’s the high temperature :cool:

If it would help at all, Mr. Blue Sky, I could tell you all about how we got a couple of inches of snow this week, and how I had to scrape off my car before driving to work, and how I had to wear mittens and a toque to walk from my car to work, and how we’ve had the furnace on again this week, and how cold my feet are in the house right now. Does that help at all? :smiley:

The next time I hear someone say this, I think I shall go tell them to give up their air conditioning. If it is a bad day, I shall also tell them to go shove the dry heat where the sun doesn’t shine.

[total mini hijack]Wow, that’s so weird. You moved from Seattle to Hinesville, and I moved from Hinesville to Seattle (once upon a time). ~grins~ Talk about culture shock, no?[/tmh]

Mr. Blue Sky, it’s not too hot in Savannah yet! Just pray your air is fixed by August.