No Iraqui ever called me a nigger..

So there was an ABC (Australian Born Chinese) wearing a “No Iraqui ever called me a nigger” shirt…
Now i get what she is trying to say, using the whole Cassius Clay (or was he Ali at the time??) quote… but it just doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me…

Its not like Australia is racist towards her… Which is what i believe Ali was leaning towards.
the US was racist towards black people, then asked him to fight for the US.
Anyone care to lead me in the right direction?

10 Heh?
20 DNFTT
30 GOSUB 10

Tripler
Heh, what?

I think that should be “30 GOTO 10”. After all, you don’t have a RETURN command in there anywhere.

I’d say the ABC here was disagreeing with a potential war on Iraq, and used a rather dumb way of doing so. When Ali said it, it was applicable. For an Australian Chinese to suggest that no Iraqi ever called her a slur for black folks, combined with the historical context of the quote (she doesn’t have to join the US army, as she is not American, and there is no draft anyway), is mind-boggingly stupid IMHO.

And Tripler, not every newbie is a troll.

My dog drinks beer. He’s a mean drunk…

NCB can you please explain your comment?
I take it as thought you are refering to me as a troll… were you not?

Was this on Channel [V] at the Adelaide BDO? Or has it happened more than once? Cos I think I was watching the same show…

No.

It was a non sequiter for Coldfire.

Why didn’t you ask that about Tripler or Joey G?

Anyways… hope you find it fun here at The Dope.

A) Real programmers don’t use ‘GOTO’. (OK, real programmers don’t use BASIC, but anyway …)

B) As written, it’s not actually an infinite loop, because it’ll eventually lead to a stack overflow. Which is probably a better analogy to the poster’s state of mind than the equivalent program with a GOTO …

Lordy, you people are young. But if you watch Forrest Gump, during the scene at the “Black Panther party”, when Forrest sees the SDS guy slap Jenny, there’s a painted sign you can see briefly in the background, “No Vietnamese Ever Called Me Nigger”.

It was a popular anti-war slogan during a time when anti-war slogans were popular. “Make love not war!” “Hell no, we won’t go!” “LBJ, LBJ, How many kids have you killed today?” “Down with the Amerikan imperialist capitalist fascist pigs, waging war against the innocent Vietnamese people!” And so forth.

Lib, I think the OP is aware of that - he/she refers to the Ali quote in the context of the Vietnam War.

Well, yeah, but everybody wore those tee shirts and chanted those slogans back then. It wasn’t just Afro-Americans. It just appears to me that the new generation has appropriated some retro slogans.

Thanks for clearing that up Lib, I was confused for a minute.

Nothing wrong with the slogan. It was a valid anti-war slogan then, and IMO is still a valid one now. You don’t have to be Black to use it in solidarity.

I certainly don’t know whether Australia supports the US’ war drive towards Iraq or not, but I’m quite sure racism isn’t completely absent Down Under (unless the Aborigines are suddenly getting treated better) and that some of it’s been directed at Asians and those of Asian descent.