No, "Jackie" you may NOT know what kind of printer I'm using.

Point.

(Thanks, Duke, Anaamika!)

Hee! OK, that was worthwhile. End hijack.

As VunderBob said, you probably wouldn’t want to use it. The previous thread included a post by someone who worked at a copier company and said they often had to do expensive repairs because of people using the crappy toner they sell. However, you are right. The FTC says that any product sent to you without you ordering it first may be considered a gift (they actually use that word). You don’t even have to send it back to them. Same goes if they switch you with an off-brand without notifying you.

Yes I remember a comercial of a eskimo getting a fan he didn’t order, then he heard the voice of the announcer saying that if you receive something you didn’t order you can keep it free. Boy was that one happy eskimo.

Gahhh fuck!

These people call my office at least once a week, usually five minutes before we close for the day.

This afternoon, I was talking to a certain Dumb Bitch of a Co-worker, and she stopped our conversation to take the call.

I hear her say “Well, we’ve just got these three HP Laser Jet…”

And I start going “It’s a scam. Hang up. IT’S A SCAM. HANG UP. **IT’S A SCAM. HANG THE FUCK UP!!!”

She kept blathering, “The person who handles our printers? Oh, that would be _____ ____.”

“HAAAANNNNNG UUUUPPPP!!!” I say, plenty loud enough for the person on the other end to hear me.

Finally, she hangs up the fucking phone, and I explain it to her.

“Tomorrow, or next week, or whenever, the office manager is going to get a call, asking to confirm the credit card number for the toner order placed by ____ ____. Either that, or they’ll just send us a giant crate of shitty-ass toner and bill us a ridiculous amount for it.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” she mooed.

Grrrr…

Maybe you should answer something like:

"We have a Coulter model 2000. Do you have good prices for replacement bile and vitriol?

As a business owner I have been waiting for these calls to come in. I got a call a couple days ago for bottled water service.

TM: Approximately how many bottles of water do you use a week?
Me: None
TM: How is that possible, how do your employees get water?
Me: They don’t
TM: That sounds terrible, why don’t they get any water?
Me: I turn the air conditioning 1 degree higher every time they complain, they stopped at 81 degrees.
TM: <quiet little gasp>
TM: Um, how many employees do you have?
Me: None, they all died of dehydration.
TM: Um…uh…
Me Don’t worry, I don’t have a shop area or anything, anyone who works with me works from home. So I don’t need bottled water service.
TM: o…k…thank you <click>

Pardon me for linking to my own thread, but here’s how to have fun with this.