No-one's commenting on the murder of 12 Nepali?

Here you go: a link to an international Muslim condemnation of terrorism. From the Council on American Islamic Relations website. Here.
Here are some of the Muslim associations which have condemned terrorism:

Afghan Muslim Association (Fremont, CA)
American Muslims for Global Peace and Justice (AMGPJ)
American Muslims for Jerusalem (Northern California)
American Muslims Intent on Learning and Activism (AMILA)
Arab-American Congress, Council on American-Islamic Relations (Northern California)
Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA) Bay Area
Islamic Networks Group (ING)
Islamic Society of the East Bay (Union City, CA)
Islamic Society of San Francisco
Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) West Zone
Muslim American Society
Muslim Community Association (MCA)
Muslim Peace Fellowship (Nyack, NY)
South Bay Islamic Association (San Jose, CA)
Zaytuna Institute (Hayward, CA)

It’s really not hard to find this information if you do a little research.

here’s an article about 2,500 Muslims protesting terrorism in New Delhi.
here’s one that casts some light on why Muslims may not vocally protest terrorism even though they privately condemn it, and
this one is particularly interesting and informative in presenting a widespread Muslim condemnation of terrorism.

Before I do any more looking, are there any news outlets besides Fox news that you consider reputable? And what is the exact cutoff number of Muslims who have to protest before you consider it significant?

Indeed, it hard to find this information in the American media. That’s because the American media is not interested in covering it. They prefer to let us know that Beyonce doesn’t like the word “bootylicious.”

Ahem, just to get back to the question in the OP…perhaps in a convoluted way it’s a good thing that no one had commented until gum started this thread. I’ve always felt the world’s media played a considerable (though indirect and unintentional) role in the spread of the use of terrorism both here in the U.S. and around the world by providing terrorists with a way of publicizing their grievances. I’ve long felt that if terrorist attacks weren’t reported, their number would be reduced almost to nil, although I knew this could never happen.

Now perhaps it will turn out that things will work in the reverse. Maybe people are becoming so used to hearing about these things that they’re becoming inured to them and are starting to pay less attention. Maybe over time apathy and a sense of resignation will replace shock and horror and anger, and the terrorists will realize they are fighting a losing battle because no one cares any longer and they can’t kill everyone.

My remarks were not directed solely at Iraqi Muslims. There are over a billion Muslims in the world, and Islam is the dominate religion in a lot of countries. Some of these countries aren’t stifling oppressive (just your run of the mill oppressive). The current problems of the Iraqis doesn’t account for the lack of demonstrations against terrorism in any multitude of other countries. And I maintain that such demonstrations wouldn’t be totally fruitless. It would do a lot to repair the damage these terrorists have inflicted on the reputation of Islam in the world. And it would encourage people to out known terrorists, who are now able to slip in and out of Muslim countries with relative ease.

And I never intended to hijack this thread with a debate on the Iraq war. I already stated I am against it. You were the first to make reference to it.

These are all either American or Canadian Muslim groups. I would expect their ranks to be more moderate. And it still doesn’t account for the lack of demonstrations against terrorism.

Over a billion Muslims, and you come up with a protest of 2,500. I guess it’s a start. A pathetic one, but a start nonetheless.

I read the article. It seems that many Muslims feel persecuted, and that stops them from making a public stand against terrorists committing acts of horror in the name of their religion. How noble of them. I guess they feel they will be persecuted even more if they publicly demonstrate against terrorism?

It has a few quotes from a few “prominent” Muslims and a few Muslim groups, mainly located in the West, condemning the terrorists. Shouldn’t the united, outspoken voice of the Muslim world be opposed to terrorism?

Non-stupid people already know that the actions of a few extremists don’t require an apology from the other billion people who share the same religion. Stupid people would find some excuse for why it didn’t really count.

You didn’t answer my questions earlier. Do you demonstrate to show the world you oppose the death of Iraqi civilians whenever one is killed? Our reputation could use a lot more repairing than that of Islam.

sigh Well, before there’s a united Muslim voice protesting terrorism, there would have to be a united Muslim voice. And there isn’t one. If nothing short of that is going to satisfy you, then you are going to go away unsatisfied.

Oh, if only the Muslims would elect themselves a Muslim pope, then he could speak for all Muslims and you’d be satisfied. Just the way the Pope speaks for all Christians and all inhabitants of predominantly Christian nations :rolleyes: .

A grand ayatollah is as high as you’re going to find in the Muslim hierarchy, and many of them have condemned terrorism. Others have not. And as there is no overarching board of directors of Islam, they are not all going to agree to the same position.

And Canadian and American Muslims don’t count because even though there are millions of them, you would expect them to be more moderate. You do make it hard.

Ah-ha! How about this from the official white house website: THE PRESIDENT: "Thank you all very much for your hospitality. We’ve just had a – wide-ranging discussions on the matter at hand. Like the good folks standing with me, the American people were appalled and outraged at last Tuesday’s attacks. And so were Muslims all across the world. Both Americans and Muslim friends and citizens, tax-paying citizens, and Muslims in nations were just appalled and could not believe what we saw on our TV screens.

These acts of violence against innocents violate the fundamental tenets of the Islamic faith.  And it's important for my fellow Americans to understand that. [...]The face of terror is not the true faith of Islam. That's not what Islam is all about. Islam is peace. These terrorists don't represent peace. They represent evil and war."

–President George Bush

Incidentally, do you have a cite of a “significant” number of Christians protesting terrorism? Oh, but Christians don’t perpetrate terrorism, so they don’t feel the need to protest it? Hmm, then it would make sense that Muslims who don’t perpetrate terrorism wouldn’t feel the need to protest it.

Wait a minute–Christians perpetrate terrorism? Ireland, you say? When are we invading Ireland, then? I will go out and protest against Christian terrorism at once! Will a significant number of you join me? Oh wait, we don’t count because we’re Canadian and American, and would be expected to be moderate.

My hands are tied.

Who the fuck said I expected an apology from them? I expect worldwide condemnation of terrorist attacks perpetuated in the name of Islam from everyone, including Muslims. I think the condemnation from Muslims is a bit sparse.

Yeah, I did.

Americans have protested against the war as a whole, that includes protesting against civilians being killed. And no, I don’t expect Muslims to demonstrate every time someone dies at the hand of Muslim terrorists (as I already wrote). But I would expect them to demonstrate that they don’t approve of the actions of the terrorists who are committing abominable acts in the name of Allah. And a hell of a lot more than bluethree’s examples.

And I think Islam’s image could use a major revamping. Just as much, if not more so, than America’s image in the world.

And, sadly, in today’s Violence and Bigotry begets Violence and Bigotry column…

sigh

I weep for humanity in general. Anyone got one of those Death Asteroids handy?

Fine. Replace the word “apology” with the word “condemnation” and reread it.

No, actually you didn’t answer my question. I asked if you, Creative_Munster had protested any of the killings done by the soldiers of your democratic country. (I feel pretty confident in guessing that you’ve never been to an organized protest in your life, but that’s just a hunch.) If you haven’t protested wrongs done in your name, you don’t really have much authority to demand that others perpetuate wrongs done by people in a different country who claim to share the same faith as them.

Have Christians ever turned out in significant numbers to protest the few anti-abortion nuts who commit abominable acts in the name of Jesus Christ? Why do you think they should have to?

[Krusty the Klown]

I heartily denounce this event or product.
[/Krusty the Klown]

typo: perpetuate = protest.

I didn’t participate in the protests against the war because I naively assumed that the administration wasn’t blowing smoke up our collective asses at the time. And I found the granola crowd, who maintained we could remove Saddam Hussein via other means, even more naive than I turned out to be.

And you might not have noticed, but terrorism committed by militant Muslims is not confined to one country, it’s a world-wide phenomenon.

I don’t think this is a great comparison to global scale terrorism perpetuated by people claiming to act on behalf of their religion. The vast majority of Christians are outraged by the anti-abortion nuts. I don’t think you will find many Christians who support these crazy assholes. And although these fanatical bastards who murder doctors are indeed disturbing, it’s nowhere near on the same scale as terrorism committed by Muslims on behalf of their religion.

If there were throngs of people taking to the streets, gleefully celebrating the murder of these physicians and very few Christians publically condemned the celebrations and the acts of the so called “Christian” killers, I think it would be more of an apt comparison. But as it stands now, I don’t see it.

Here, allow to add to the collective outrage shown in this thread towards the loss of (all?) innocent live:

US Airstrike In Fallujah Kills 20

I take we shall soon see massive demonstrations from Christians all over the US condemning this heinous act. Then again, we could always wait for the next one…or the one after that one, ad infinitum.

“We’ve met the enemy, and it’s us”

Here’s a link with conterclaims from the group Anti-CAIR. I can’t / won’t validate the CAIR/Hamas tie claims made by Whitehead, his group, et al.

Note to CAIR: Actions speak louder than words - especially when those words appear to come from only one side of the mouth.

Can you dig up a link to the original lawsuit?