No searching allowed: who are the 8 black QBs to ever start a Super Bowl?

Just some random stats of QBs and their teams here…I’m looking at all the stretches of any four consecutive Super Bowls.

The only QB and team to go to four straight were Jim Kelly and the Buffalo Bills: 25 26 27 28. They lost them all, but really they should have won 25 — that was Scott Norwood’s wide right. This led to the old joke, how do you spell Bills? B-I-L-L-L-L-S. And to Norwood’s joke jersey:

A sobering experience, though, is to watch ESPN’s 30-for-30 episode, The Four Falls of Buffalo. It’s powerful, and I love how the city and fans rallied around Norwood. And the team. That was a great team, Kelly and Marv Levy and the Bills. If they’d won 25, who knows how that changes the rest of history?

But I digress. Returning to the stretches of four consecutive Super Bowls…

The first QB and team to go to 3 consecutive SBs is Bob Griese and the Miami Dolphins: 6 7 8. They lost 6 and then won 7 and 8.

The next (and last) to do it is Tom Brady and the New England Patriots: 51 52 53. They won 51 and 53, and lost 52.

Those are the consecutive streaks:
4 — Jim Kelly and the Buffalo Bills: 25 26 27 28
3 — Bob Griese and the Miami Dolphins: 6 7 8
3 — Tom Brady and the New England Patriots: 51 52 53

While several teams have won back to back SBs, no team has ever three-peated. I’m not going to list the back to back appearances, or the teams that went to two out of four.

Of the teams that went to three out of four, non-consecutively:

➤ The first was Fran Tarkenton and the Minnesota Vikings: 8 9 11. They lost all 3.
➤ The second was Roger Staubach and the Dallas Cowboys: 10 12 13. They won 12, and lost 10 and 13.
➤ The third was John Elway and the Denver Broncos: 21 22 24. They lost all 3.
➤ The fourth was Troy Aikman and the Dallas Cowboys: 27 28 30. They won all 3.
➤ The fifth was Tom Brady and the New England Patriots: 36 38 39. They won all 3.
➤ Tom Brady and the New England Patriots did it again: 49 51 52. They won 49 and 51. They lost 52.
➤ The seventh and most recent to do it is Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs: 54 55 57. They won 54 and 57. They lost 55.

And that, my friends, are some truly random stats.

(deleted – didn’t see when the original post was)