No way I am going to be a Medical Doctor/Primate Veterinarian

Just flunked “Diseases of Non-Human Primates”. :frowning:

You rocked out of DNHP? You bonehead! I’m never letting you scope my chimp!

Sorry to hear that. I don’t know much about becoming a primate vet, but I am a medical student (for humans). Were you really planning to try to get into human medicine after vet school? I doubt that failing one class would be the kiss of death if you indeed wanted to apply to med school. As long as you had a solid MCAT score, good grades in the undergrad pre-reqs and had a good justification for why you decided to switch from a DVM to an MD/DO, I don’t think it would matter to them (dropping out of vet school without finishing might not be looked on very kindly, though, because they wouldn’t want ot run the risk of taking someone who would also drop out of their program).
I know of many med students who failed one class and went on to good things. Sometimes simply looking at what went wrong, getting a tutor, and talking to the professors about how to approach the material can be enough to get you back on track. Good luck. :slight_smile:

Actually, the Med doctor was a joke. Seeing how I failed Diseases of Non-Human Primates, it would be very bad if I tried to treat people. :slight_smile:
Yeah, I am in vet school, that exam killed me.

Thanks for the encouragement :slight_smile:

So you’ll pass the course when you take it again. You’ll study a little harder and realize that the questions they’ll ask you on the exam are going to be way out there. Everyone has a bad day and some exams are written by the clueless. Don’t sweat it, but don’t forget it – you’re going to have to change something you do before the next time you rewrite it.

Take it a step at a time. Start with diseases of paramecia and work your way up.

I dunno, Cal, that seems like a bit of a stretch. The OP might want to start with single mecia.