No wonder Alabama is picked on so much...

Wait a second, what if it’s just one really big one…but it has two heads?

Yep, just down the road.

56 Forsyth Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30303

What about that hand-cranked one that was passed down from your great-grandmother?

I’m curious about that too, actually. I purchased a massager for a friend of mine just last year at a store in Montgomery. I’m gonna go try to buy another tonight. :dubious:

Dude! You promised to never mention that in public!

Thank God this thread turned civil. I was about to show up and post the address for the 11th Appeals, but I see I’ve been beaten to it.

I did hear a cringe-worthy piece on NPR yesterday about the DOH nurses in Montgomery who quit rather than give patients the “day after pill.”

No, dear, it wasn’t Jeeeeeeeeezus who held you back.

Now THAT would be an interesting Antiques Roadshow episode…

Same deal in B’ham. You can purchase massagers at many novelty type stores. Picking up stuff for a bachelorette party a couple months back I saw several displayed next to other items.

Wasn’t it John Lennon who once sang “happiness is a warm buttplug?”

Yeah, there are plenty of places to get sex toys in areas like Alabama and Texas. They’re just called “massagers” or “adult novelty items” instead of vibrators. That’s why a lot of packaging indicates that these products are strictly novelties. At the home sales party I had a couple of months ago, just about everything had that disclaimer on it, even the sex swing. A box that features photos of naked people fucking and “Sold as a novelty only. Not intended for sexual use,” printed in big black letters tends to create a rather amusing bit of cognitive dissonance.

“On today’s episode of Antiques Roadshow, we’re down in the Five Points district of Birmingham, Alabama. We have a charming hand-cranked vibrator from the Civil War era. This marvelous specimen first appeared here thanks to the work done by Harriet Lubeman and her Underground Boutique. It was smuggled down from Canada, and features life-like detail meticulously carved from maple!”

Why don’t you mention some laws that “point out how backwards and ignorant the North is”, then?

'Cause Yankees have enough problems as it is. No reason for us to pile on.

Bless their heart. :wink:

Finally coming back to this one…

Rythmic squeaking of bedsprings

moan

slurp!

thud

“Fuck…”

“Why’d you stop??!”

“It slipped…No! Fido! Drop it! Hell…”

“I can’t see a damn thing through this blindfold. What’s going on?”

squeak of bedsprings

“Shit…the batteries in the blue one are dead. I’ll be right back. I’ve gotta go over to the neighbors’. They’re keeping the purple one for us.”

“Hurry! I mean…really hurry!”

I’m in. In my home state, in the interest of reducing alcholism, so I’m told, it is illegal to purchase just one can of beer. The least you can purchase is a six-pack, and that from a bar. For larger amounts, you have to go to a beer distributor, and if you want something stronger, you have to go to a state-run liquor store. Right now, I believe there are only two places in the entire state where you can buy booze on Sunday, and that’s only come about within the past six months. I can’t tell you how it feels to go into a grocery store in West Virginia, see wine and beer on the shelves, and think, “Ah! Civilization!” :wally

By the way, thanks for the tip about the novelty stores! :innocent look:

CJ

Possibly an urban legend, but I recall reading a few years ago that here in California, it is illegal to discharge a firearm from a moving vehicle… unless you’re aiming at a whale.

:eek:

Now I know what I’m doing with my night: searching for that tape recorder honeydew’s got stashed in my bedroom.

Well, this site has “joke” in the title, but is is listing dumb laws, so I don’t know if this is proof, but there are a ton of good ones on this page, including the one above, but they say you can’t shoot at game from a moving vehicle unless it’s a whale. I never realised a whale was a game animal.

http://www.ahajokes.com/california_jokes.html

Laws like this prove democracy doesn’t work. :frowning:

I guess I don’t have the problem with this decision some other people do. Basically, if the 11CA were to declare there’s some constitutional right to sexual privacy, then someone else to try to hide behind it when asked why he’s trolling the internet for 10 year old boys or trying to buy crotchless panties for his goat. I think it was entirely reasonable for the court to say, “If Alabama doesn’t like this law, then Alabama can repeal it.” I’m at a loss to imagine how that might indicate democracy doesn’t work.

Insert this “could” where appropriate above. If insertion of misplaced words is legal in your state.