noisy manhole covers

Right outside my house in the middle of the intersection is a manhole with the typical metal coverl. Whenever a car goes over it–fortunately is not that busy an intersection–an ungodly clank is emitted. Do public works departments have ways to take care of such problems, like some kind of rubber matting around the edge or whatever to reduce unpleasant noise?

Heh, those are loud enough to take the deaf…

Yeah, call Public Works & let them know, they should come out for ya.

thanks, handy! I’ll do it! And we’ll see what happens.