Non traditional Xmas songs.

Ranchoth, you just made my day with the Patrick Swayze Christmas! So wrong…yet so irresistible!

Jill Sobule. I like her version better than the original.

“Merry @#$% Christmas” by Denis Leary.

Standstill did a version

Here’s one:

No one has yet mentioned I Am Santa Claus - Bob Rivers. First off, I like how he worked Jingle Bells into the riff, and how can you not like the line:

Leave him cookies and beer, he’ll be back at your house first next year.

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee183/darkwolf_mohaa/?action=view&current=I_am_Santa_Claus_BobRivers.flv

*Srry for the photobucket link, I can’t find a better one by Googling.

Thanks for the plug; I’ve actually just complied of my Christmas songs into a new mini-album, “It’s Christmas Whether You Like It Or Not” available for download at my online store (CorporationRecords.com is available at DomainMarket.com. Call 888-694-6735); you can hear previews of some of the tracks on my MySpace page (Mitch Benn | Listen and Stream Free Music, Albums, New Releases, Photos, Videos).

And yeah I google myself occasionally, so what…

Merry Christmas,

M

The Austin Lounge Lizards do “It’s Always Christmastime for Visa.”

Here is a Christmas song that actually made me change my beliefs about a segment of society. Paul Kelly’s How to Make Gravy is a wonderful song. It is presented as a letter from Joe, in prison, to his brother Dan (the name of Kelly’s real brother). there are some heart rending portions in the song (if needed Aussie Dopers can explain mysterious bits).

Every Christmas since I first heard it I think of poor family guys in prison and no longer assume they deserve it.

For an amusingly macabre seasonal song, try The St. Stephen’s Day Murders by Elvis Costello. I heard this the other day done absolutely brilliantly by Thea Gilmore on her Myspace page (third song on the list).

My favorite novelty Chrstmas song is Frosty by Heywood Banks. A close second is Sled Zeppelin by Bob Rivers, but I’m too lazy of a git to make a second linky for you.

Whoa…there’s no reason for that to freak me out, and yet it does. The Web is a wondrous place.

(And about damn time for the Xmas album, Mitch.)

I can’t believe I posted in the same thread as the Mitch Benn. This has to trump being in the same lift as George Galloway at Manchester railway station.

Da Yoopers - Rusty Chevrolet
Da Yoopers - Heikki Lunta
Leon Redbone - That Old Christmas Moon
The Jackson Five - I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus

No “Frosty The Pervert”? Shame on you all!