Not a game, but for fun: Who's in your "Doper Gang"?

I used to be one of the Enterprise Dopers with NoClueBoy, vivalostwages, Cervaise, Tars Tarkas, carnivorousplant, tracer, carnivorousplant, Corner Case, Kn*ckers, and a couple others I am surely forgetting. Those threads are responsible for me sticking around long enough to feel a sense of community so, in effect, are responsible for me being a Doper.

I also used to also be a regular in the IRC chat, but am blanking on the regulars besides SilverFire and Smeghead.

Now? I have no clue. There’s no real rhyme or reason to any thread I post in, and I am rarely replied to, so I don’t interact much. I doubt I really have a group or gang.

To be honest, I’d be shocked if I am in anyone’s “gang”.

I refuse to be part of any gang that would have someone like me as a member.
30,000. Woot!

I can only presume that I have multiple mostly-distinct gangs. For instance, there’s the Tolkien gang, with Skald the Rhymer, Qadgop the Mercotan, and Elendil’s Heir, among others. And there’s the GQ Physics and Math gang, with Stranger on a Train, CalMeacham, Indistinguishable, and ultrafilter, and lately These Are My Own Pants and iamnotbatman. In the Game Room, there are the Feuders and the Mafiosos, whom I won’t endeavor to list because I’d be certain of leaving too many people off.

You are in my Doper Gang, but I too walk alone. So maybe we belong to a gang, but we hang back from one another so much that it just looks like we’re alone. See, that’s our secret strategy. When one of us gets in a scuffle, the others seem to come out of nowhere and give the enemy a good beat-down. And then we disperse back to our home positions, without even saying a word.
Stealth, that’s the name of our gang. It’s a way of life.

{Blazing Saddles set-up} You said carnivorousplant twice.

That sounds about right - we’re all walking alone, just in more-or-less the same direction. :slight_smile:

But in person it’s all: Vavavavoom!

Canonically, its Trevor Bruttenholm, Helboy and a bunch of random soldiers. I suspect the guy in the death’s head mask is just a crappy reproduction of the photo.

Most notably What Exit? and Malacandra, I would hasten to add.

I’d be amazed if anyone was even aware of my existence!