Now this is a garage

That’s not a garage, that’s a man-cave. t looks like something Tim Taylor (Home Improvement) would have built.

I’m betting there’s some sort of property tax loop-hole that makes it advantageous to define that space as garage instead of living area. . .

Oh yeah, that’ll totally hold up when I drop an engine on it.

I don’t think 4 or 5 bedrooms is low for a house that size. Our house is a bit bigger with only three “official” bedrooms. Plus, I agree with others, that is crazy cheap for that house. In Seattle area it would be at least $500,000 more.

It’s in a city with a horrible climate and it’s almost certainly not within walking distance of anything.

I wouldn’t take it for free.

It looks nice from the front, and the kitchen is OK, and I kind of like the gentle archways, but I disliked just about everything else about it. Correction- I like the size of the garage, but that’s about it.

Wow, zoom in on the map at the bottom of the listing. That explains the tiny pool: that’s the entire yard. If I’m buying a house that big, there’d better be a yard to match.

It’s in Houston. Why would you be outside in the yard anyway?

It’s a very crazy garage arrangement. I also thought it was weird that the home has three very large rooms for television watching. Is this so the family never has to actually spend time together?

If anyone needs a palette cleanser after this, here’s the Tiny House Blog’s gallery

It would be a great recreational area. Just pull the cars out and let the kids play while the adults watch from above. To the right of the garage door are chairs, tables and what looks like a fireplace, another hangout for parents. It looks like it was designed for a sports fan, the guys hang out upstairs watching the game, the wives and kids downstairs.

:confused:

I’d buy it in a heartbeat, and I’ve lived in historic, “charming” houses much of my adult life. I am weary of them. I’m always amazed about real estate values in Houston. I lived there when I was a kid, and if we ever have to move again, that’s where I want to go.

The 2nd story of the garage would be my art studio…God, yes.

Wow, houses are cheap in Houston!

Well, no, it’s this particular one. They reduced the price again - $338K - I think that’s below cost of building it.

thank you

The listing called it a 0-car garage.:confused:

Well, did you see a car in it?

:stuck_out_tongue:

These poor people…the realtor is going to see 2000+ hits to the listing over the weekend and get the sellers all excited…

But… But… what if the Clantons want to buy it?

Not even a ladder? Must be a reflecting pool.

An old barn by the shape of the roof (rondel?) The old ceiling works look nice but the recent mods ruined them.