NYT Spelling Bee drives me crazy

Also I believe the word Trinitarian is only ever capitalized. (Another word that wasn’t accepted today is tartaric, though we’ve mentioned that previously.)

I wonder what’s the matter with NUTRIA, which is not accepted today.

I thought it was the opposite.

Eh? Now I’m confused. The sole meaning of Trinitarian is a person who believes in the Trinitarian doctrine and is a proper noun. A Unitarian might be a member of the Unitarian Church but could also be someone who takes a unitarian approach to this, that or the other thing (with no religious connotation.)

Still not accepted today sadly

Loads of possible proper nouns today, including TORONTO, TARANTO, OTRANTO, MORMON

I’ll be darned, I was so busy today that I forgot to even open it.

Still won’t accept TARN, which is a pretty common word.

Okay, well, 40 minutes to Genius. I’ll take it.

Literally less than a minute to Genius today. Oh, the contrast. Guess I have to go for QB.

Awesome! The fastest I’ve ever gotten G was 4 minutes, I think. (Can’t remember for sure and don’t feel like checking my log.) Today, I got QB in around 40 minutes.

Well, I got lucky because there were five ‘triplets’ of answers and I got them all quickly .

Got QB as well, I don’t often pursue it.

Very easy QB today

Yep. Once I got into the groove I added the LY and ITY to everything and was surprised how many ITYs were accepted. I was literally giggling.

Oh c’mon, WILLIWAW is even in Merriam-Webster.

Looks like none of the editors/puzzle curators are fans of vintage cars, with TAILFIN not accepted today.

Thanks for reminding me. I tried to put it in twice. It was accepted up until 2024,

Harumph. Three boogery words that were formerly disallowed: KENTE, LITTLENECK and NETLIKE.

ETA: That wasn’t meant to imply that it was the first time those words were allowed.

I wonder what’s wrong with MAGICKING as a pangram.

If it matters, magick isn’t in the online Merriam-Webster dictionary.

KINGMAKING is such a common term in board and card games that I was actually surprised to not see it.

The root word would be MAGIC (verb). The K is inserted when adding a suffix beginning with an E, I, or Y but the pronunciation of the final C is not changed. Example: MIMIC/MIMICKING, which are in today’s puzzle. However, MAGICIAN (also in today) does change the pronunciation, so doesn’t get a K.