o/~ o/~ On the Road Again....

I will be on my own that weekend, and since (as any sane doper would) I would love to meet Polycarp, and I’ve been really hoping to run into Triskadecamus again, I’m going to try very hard to make this.

Is there metro stop nearby this particular establishment? I’m good at many things, but driving through cities ain’t one of 'em.

Saturday, at 6:30. Six for dinner

so far we have:
Me
Polycarp and Mrs.
Firefly, and possible Mrs.
Iampunha and possible Phantomdiver

Post here, if you want in on the general melee.

My phone number is in your mailbox, too Poly.

Tris

OK, now we are seven.

Lucretia, The Vienna Metro Station is a couple of miles away. If you need a ride from there, let me know, and I can pick you up, since it is directly between me, and the site of the festivities. I will be planning on showing up a tiny bit early, what with being the one holding the reservation. Email me if you want a ride.

Tris

Let’s revise that list. So far, we have:

Definites:

Polycarp
Triskadecamus
Lucretia
iampunha
RTFirefly
Mrs. Firefly

Possibles:
phantomdiver

Just in case either cj or Guin is looking in here, I’d be willing to give either and/or both of 'em a ride to Dopeaween given sufficient (read: more than a day) notice. I suspect, though, that Dopeaween might be a bit much for Guin to take in all at once.

List revised.

Thread shamelessly bumped.

Tris

hmmmm… I might be able to show up at the Olive Garden. I don’t think I have any plans so throw a maybe for me.

Okay, I see no problem with making it there.

Assumption – in the absence of posts from them (and I’ve e-mailed them) unless I find out otherwise from Guin or CJ, we won’t try to connect on this trip. I suspect Barb and I will be able to make it up to Dope-a-Ween if we’ll be welcome; perhaps we can connect with folks we miss this trip then.

Poly, I think it goes without saying that you’d be welcome at any Dopefest you want to attend. :slight_smile:

Really.

I am sure any denial of your possible attendence would be followed almost immediatly by the arrival of the traditional horde of irate E-peasants, with pitch forks, and torches.

Tris

Aw, dammit, I work Saturday, and I have to work early the next morning.

Hope you have a good time.

Uhmm, check your e-mail, Polycarp. I promise I’ve been doing something other than looking for work and posting in the Pit.

I also like the idea of Dope-a-Ween, but right now my budget’s not entirely sure it likes the idea of food.

CJ

Dopeaween-not good. I have that Titanic dinner on the 8th of November, and even though it’s a couple of weeks apart, I HAVE to save my money for that.

Sorry.

Is it this Saturday? I’d love to meet y’all, and I’m in the area. Think you can squeeze one more in?

Great, Ultra, now we are eight.

Lucretia, let me know about the ride, if you want one.

Tris

OK, Olive Garden doesn’t take reservations on Saturdays.

Barbarians.

I suppose we are a bit late for changing venue, so I will plan on arriving just a tad bit early. To get our names down on the list. I should be able to get us seated by 6:30, or if not we can sit around in the front and get rowdy enough to get some attention.

Tris

So I’ll just look for the rowdy group out front. Works for me.

E-mail sent. Thanks, Tris.

ultrafilter - the Straight Dope People Pages, despite having been semi-broken for about a year, seem to still have pix of many of us. Here’s direct links to photos of:

Polycarp
Triskadecamus
iampunha
and of course, yours truly:
RTFirefly.

That should help you recognize us. Looking forward to seeing you there!