Oathkeepers.org for US military/police/etc

Thank you for saving the Michelle Malkin/cunnilingus option for me.

Hey, at least she’s not Ann Coulter.

Really? Have the victims filed suit and have the police been prosecuted? Has, you know, a judge declared that the 2nd Amendment was violated, or is this just your opinion?

That’s the real problem with all these oath-taking idiots. You can claim all day and night that the government doesn’t have a right to income taxes, but they’re still gonna throw your ass in jail if you don’t pay. There’s already a system for addressing unconstitutional orders: The Motherfucking Constitution. If you can’t get one of the three branches on your side: you’re breaking the law.

Just because you’re convicted of a crime you didn’t commit doesn’t mean you can start stabbing guards and ripping tags off of mattresses with impunity.

Which groups? The left wing groups who are opposed to actions taken against Palestinians, or the right-wing groups who are opposed to actions taken against Jews? The latter have a greater presence.

If oath keepers used pitchforks the other police and military would just overpower them with guns/teargas/etc… being an oathkeeper means that if in the future other people were using pitchforks, they mightn’t necessarily arrest them all and send them away… I’m assuming you think a revolution is a good thing.

I read this and thought “Hey, that means they won’t seize contraband, like say illegal drugs! And they won’t disarm criminals, like say before putting them in jail…”

Why would anyone think that? Revolutions, in general, suck. The American Revolution (if you can call it that) was a rare exception.

“The statute generally prohibits federal military personnel and units of the National Guard under federal authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within the United States, except where expressly authorized by the Constitution or Congress.”

Troops used under the order of the President of the United States pursuant to the Insurrection Act, as was the case during the 1992 Los Angeles Riots.

I guess that was ok, but then there was the military in Katrina and the confiscation of guns…

“The US military will have around 20,000 uniformed personnel in this role in the United States by 2011, specifically trained and equipped to assist state and local government respond to major disasters, terrorist attacks, or other major public emergencies”

(There are reports for alternative news sources that there are plans to have 379000 troops on U.S. soil though they might be wrong)
“Homeland Security Enlists Clergy to Quell Public Unrest if Martial Law Ever Declared”
Here’s the transcript:
http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=6937987
Kind of unrelated, but interesting…

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/14/us/14explorers.html
“The responding officers — eight teenage boys and girls, the youngest 14…”

Anyway, some “good” and “bad” people have quotes about gun control:
http://riseuprochester.org/2008/11/10/jesus-jefferson-gandhi-hamilton-and-hitler-on-gun-control/

(Which is related to the morality(?) of the military confiscating all of the guns)

I don’t think the oath keepers are about a big revolution though… they’re about keeping the country free - free speech, no secret arrests with no charges, etc.

I think they allow states to succeed from the federation though… rather than there being a civil war…

Actually it wasn’t, we just romanticize the aftermath away.

It’s unfortunate that trust has broken down to this degree in this country.

If only there were some sort of document that determined who has the authority to settle disputes about potentially illegal actions. But then the people in charge of writing the laws would just enforce and interpret them as they saw fit. There’d have to be a system of checks and balances of authority. Now that sounds like something I’d swear an oath to. It’d solve all of these issues.

People think I’m crazy because I’ve spent thousands of dollars on invisible elephant repellent, but I say you can never be too careful.

… no men with guns going around shooting people they decide are traitors…

People scoff at the idea of law enforcement officials swearing an oath to uphold the constitution. Meanwhile somewhere on a state transit monopoly someone is being unreasonably searched.

Don’t law enforcement officials swear an oath to uphold the law?

Word. These people will NOT do anything whatsoever because they’re just a bunch of whiny little bitches.

They swear to defend the constitution and enforce the law. Here’s the Florida police oath:

Who’s “they”?

:rolleyes: