Obvious things about a creative work you realize after the millionth time (OPEN SPOILERS POSSIBLE)

I feel like we should do a “Going down the rabbit hole thread and finding stuff out.”

Does anyone else watch an old show then look up an actor or actresses bio?

I was watching some eurotrash movie the other day, The Mask of Satan and was intrigued by this actress Debora Caprioglio. Turns out she was engaged to Klaus Kinski from 1987-1989. When she was 19 and he was…61 fucking years old. Dude DIED, two years after they broke up. I did not know that.

A lot less nefarious, I found out that Tom Poston and Suzanne Pleshette were married in the last 6 or so years of their lives.

But… they weren’t even in the same Bob Newhart series!

I know!!! They met before either show, and he guest starred on the first Newhart series from time to time.

Poston and Pleshette knew each other at least as early as 1959, since they dated for a short time in that year when they appeared together in a play that year. They were friends but did not date over the decades after that point although they saw each other while filming the television shows. Poston had been briefly married to his first wife a decade before meeting Pleshette in 1959. He was married to two other women after that point. His third wife died in 1998. Pleshette was married twice during those decades. Her second husband died in 2000. They met again after the deaths of their spouses and got married. This is explained in detail in these Wikipedia entries:

Yes they were, Poston played Bob’s college friend in several episodes, he was an inveterate practical joker.

This is hilarious…also looks kinda dangerous.

The little clock icon on my phone. You know, the one that governs the alarm. The hands on it actually move to reflect the actual time. I had always just thought it was a generic clock image showing the hands at a random fixed time. Just noticed the other day that the hands move.

And the tiny ‘calendar’ icon in the dock on my Macbook used to always show July 17 (birthday!), but somewhere around MacOS 10.9 or so, it started displaying the current date. (Thanks, Apple, I really wanted to spend processor cycles on cutesy graphics…)

David Bowie’s Aladdin Sane- a Lad Insane. Duh! :roll_eyes: That only took me about 20 years to notice!
:zap: :zap: :zap:

Same here. I’m not sure what my timeline was on it, but probably something similar. I remember, at the time it hit me, wondering why the heck it had taken me so long.

Interesting. July 17 is also my birthday! The calendar emoji on my iPhone displays July 17. :date: I’ve always wondered if that’s just a coincidence, or if it shows everyone their birthday.
Can anyone confirm or deny?

ETA: Okay, weird. In preview, the emoji does indeed read July 17, but in the post it’s March 21. I have no idea why.

I had to be told about Bowie’s Low Profile.

This is how the following went down:

“Hey, the end of Life on Mars sounds like the end of the 2001 a… Space Oddity…song…FFS.”

Whoa!

I just noticed that in the default background image for my version of Windows, there’s light shining out of the Windows logo.

She came in through the bathroom window
Tempted by a silver spoon

Wait - what is a silver spoon doing in the bathroom? Oooooohhhh …

An obvious thing I realized a couple of days ago…
I know what muses are, I know what music is. But, I never correlated muse and music. If I was told I forgot it.

I’ve always thought the line was “Protected by a silver spoon”. Don’t know what that could mean, though.

It is.

My guess is that it comes from the phrase “Born with a silver spoon in her mouth”, meaning that she was a rich kid who thought she could get away with anything.

Well, Pleshette was in at least one episode of “Newhart”…